Crossing the bridge

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:11 pm

tojol57 wrote::roll: boy you jumped on that right way Lori.... ok those of you that are in Canada, have to go to Vancuver, and those of you in the mid west, meet either in DM or Chicago, depending on the plane....

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown... $$$$$
Consider it done! Vancouver is no problem, I got lots of airmiles!
Joye

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:16 pm

tojol57 wrote:if i win the lottery this weekend Joyce, that is exactly what i am going to do. but instead of flying commercial. i am getting me a private jet... :-|3 might have to make some flight plans to pick people up too huh...

:wink: :lol: 8) Tom aka mr crown...
Hey I just thought of something Tom and Lorrie. If you win the big lottery then you will have to get some real crowns and you really will be Mr. & Mr Crown! And we could also call you Mr. & Mrs Money Bags.
Joyce

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:58 pm

Sounds like a plan to me!!! :wink:

Mr. Crown and I are meeting some friends tomorrow. They are coming to our condo first for margaritas and then we are going to Cazador's for Mexican food. They had planned to go to Cancun for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary but because of the hurricanes they decided to try PVR and the GCP!!! They are going May 6 - 13 so we'll have to get things started for them.

I sure hope they like it since there is 14 of them. Otherwise, Mr. and Mrs. Crown Paradise may have to go under cover?? 8) 8) Ha! Ha!

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:08 pm

Sounds like a fiesta to me! Hope you had fun and if Mr. Crown has to go undercover than I think you should join him Image
Joyce

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

no worries

Post by Menchis » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:47 pm

I glad that I don't have to worry about crossing any bridge or to look for a taxi, we are flying with Sunquest and they will take us to our hotel the only thing I will be carefull to go with the wrong "person" (timeshare) ;-/

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re: no worries

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Menchis wrote:I glad that I don't have to worry about crossing any bridge or to look for a taxi, we are flying with Sunquest and they will take us to our hotel the only thing I will be carefull to go with the wrong "person" (timeshare) ;-/
Just remember that when you go through the first set of door after you pass your security, that first group of people calling out to you are the timeshare people. Turn left and go through the second set of doors, that's where your Sunquest rep will be, they should be holding up a sign that says Sunquest on it. Have fun and have one for me!

Joyce

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: no worries

Post by Menchis » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:04 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:
Menchis wrote:I glad that I don't have to worry about crossing any bridge or to look for a taxi, we are flying with Sunquest and they will take us to our hotel the only thing I will be carefull to go with the wrong "person" (timeshare) ;-/
Just remember that when you go through the first set of door after you pass your security, that first group of people calling out to you are the timeshare people. Turn left and go through the second set of doors, that's where your Sunquest rep will be, they should be holding up a sign that says Sunquest on it. Have fun and have one for me!

Joyce

Thank you for the info. :-)4
You can count on it :P

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:45 pm

My pleasure to help and thanks. Just so you know - I don't do rye/whiskey. Got way way way to drunk on it many years ago and can't stand the smell of it to this very day!!! Everything else is acceptable!
Joyce

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:51 am

I would have to save the equivalant of half a vacations' cost to get my >50 year old body to drag my and Kay's stuff across that bridge. She packs 1 swim suit a day, 1 new outfit a day with matching shoes, a bathroom full of hair products and makeup and a kitchen sink :lol: .

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:31 am

YUP Vancouver it is!!! Well, this is how I see it......Your 1st visit to PV your suitcase is overstuffed. Once you get there you realize that all you need are a minimum of 3 swimsuits (I know this from experience, as I only brought 2) , a toothbrush and what you are wearing preferably shorts and a tank top...oh and a sarrong to wrap around, but those are way cheap in PV.

SSSoooooo, to answer your question???? DEFINITELY WALK ACROSS THE BRIDGE....IT'S CHEAPER.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:32 pm

I beg to differ. Yes, catching a cab across the bridge is technically cheaper, but only by a buck or two. The yellow cabs across the pedestrian bridge have been "On" to the pricing for quite some time. I GUARANTEE you that if you are loaded down with luggage, the price you get from one of them will likely be only a dollar or two less than one inside.

Their reasoning is that once you've gone to the effort of carrying all your belongings across, you're not going to go through the effort of taking them back (a fairly accurate guestimate I'd say), so therrefore they have a "captive" audience.

Save yourselves the pain in the a$$, and just pay the rate inside...why get all hot/sweaty when you first arrive, just to save a measely couple dollars???

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:05 pm

I totally agree with you WPM.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Years ago the advise to leave the airport saved you more money... but back then there wasn't even a pedestrian bridge to cross!!! You just left the airport and started walking towards town along the highway, after some unseen boundary, then regular cabs asked it you needed a ride.

As above, taxi drivers have "caught on" and the difference is not as significant as before.
________
Swed