One thing you should have brought but didn't?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:26 pm

spud wrote:Rosie

If you could get yer ole man to wear a SPEEDO (or even a SLING ), they do not take long to dry :P
not in this lifetime Trevor!! :lol:
we have a household rule about not scaring children and those with weak hearts (and stomachs!!)

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:38 pm

An extension cord.

spud
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

woooose !

Post by spud » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:10 pm

Rosie

Ah now, don't be like that.

A lot of the ones that I see trying to wear Bikinis, would scare the Ghouls at Halloween. :cry:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:41 pm

Another week of vacation time!

rosie

Post by rosie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:10 pm

I agree Trev, some things should not see the light of day or sand on a beach!

seldomred
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by seldomred » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 am

i think thats nonsense. consider a shift in attitude. there but by the grace of god go you and i. let them do as they wish. smile and wave is the best policy. truly, there are far worse things to be bothered by xo

rosie

Post by rosie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:05 am

not bothered by it, no attitude change needed...this has been an ongoing banter between Trevor (spud) and I. so kindly "butt" out...no pun intended. :wink:

spud
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

itsy bitsy.

Post by spud » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:19 am

Rosie

You go girl, sic him. :lol:

Don't let him come between us :wink:

Woooops, I think the "he" might be a "she" :?

SHERRYPV
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by SHERRYPV » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:35 pm

I like to bring a small bottle of laundry soap to wash out the swim suit. I know you can get this there, but I do not like to do that kind of shopping while in PV.

If you are staying at Crown, bring an isulated mug for refills. It keeps the drinks cooler and the mugs are a little bigger. :wink:

My husband thinks I am nuts, but I always bring a can of Lysol. I know everything is clean, but it never hurts to add a little more disinfectant.

shipwreakedmike
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by shipwreakedmike » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:22 am

whats all this swimsuit talk? You mean im not supposed to be out there swiming in my birthday suit?No wonder everyone was laughing at me.

Peggy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Peggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:34 am

susan p wrote:I can't think of a single thing, that if you forget, you can't fairly easily buy in Puerto Vallarta. On purpose I wait and buy a straw hat, suntan lotion, beach towel, etc. each year.

Well I guess you don't want to forget anything personal or prescriptions: passport, money, prescription meds, prescription glasses and sunglasses...
Many of the tours say 'bring a towel' Is it easy to find cheap beach towels that you won't mind leaving behind? They are too bulky to pack. Any advice on where to find thjing like this would be great. Don't want to spend my time there shopping for boring things.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Towels

Post by smitty » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:25 pm

Very easy to purchase beach towels in PV . Where are you staying ? Shopping is never far away in PV . :)

big guy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by big guy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:37 pm

Sambuca. For the shrimp fest. Can't beat Sambuca shrimp!

Peggy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Towels

Post by Peggy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:01 pm

smitty wrote:Very easy to purchase beach towels in PV . Where are you staying ? Shopping is never far away in PV . :)
We are looking at the El Pescador. Sounds like it is low budget and close to everything.

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:31 pm

Peggy, the el pescador is nice and close to alot. if you want an ocean view it will cost you $30.00 extra a night or you will end up with a street view and more noise. ocean view is great.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:58 pm

HP Sauce, but Joyce has asked her husband to bring us a bottle.

Lorianna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Lorianna » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Is it a good idea to bring insect repellent? I read something on canopy tour topic that you need it.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:20 pm

You can buy insect repellent over there, and the day we went on the canopy tour there was not a bug in site.

Bring enough shaving gel for your all your hairy bits because its very expensive to buy in PV.

My son was going nuts trying to find a brand of cigarettes that would satisfy his craving. He probably smoked at least twice as much down there while wishing like crazy that he had brought more Canadian brand smokes along.

A small notebook to keep a daily record of activities etc.

Joyce

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Lorianna wrote:Is it a good idea to bring insect repellent? I read something on canopy tour topic that you need it.
If you are planning to do anything in the jungle be the zip lines, the atv, the dune buggys, horseback riding, I would suggest bringing insect repellent.

Lorianna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Lorianna » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Would shaving gel be something the locals would appreciate as gifts since it is pricey there? It is pretty cheap here.