It's Sept. 16th: Mexican Independence Day!

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru
It's Sept. 16th: Mexican Independence Day!

Post by matt » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:32 am

Happy Independence Day to webmaster Mogens and all Mexicans! I sure wish I was down there to see the celebrations.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:It's Sept. 16th: Mexican Independence Day!

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:52 am

Hey Matt,
It ended up being a beautiful night! We had a good downpour around 4:00PM but the sky cleared up to a very cool night with a good breeze (thank you Hurricane Javier!)...perfect for the thousands of bodies on the Malecon and plaza celebrating Independence Day.
This is an amazing holiday here in Vallarta (as you well know), between all the event s during Fiestas Patrias and the Grito, fireworks and music, with thousands of people yelling Viva Mexica! Viva la indepencia! you cannot help but get caught up in the festivities.
I highly recommend anyone considering coming down to Vallarta in the off season, plan your vacation to include September 14th, 15th and 16th- a very memorable experience!

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:01 pm

matt (Sep 16, 2004 01:32 a.m.):
Happy Independence Day to webmaster Mogens and all Mexicans! I sure wish I was down there to see the celebrations.
Well no wonder my neighbors have their Mexican flag out!!! LOL We found out before we left that they are actually from PV...small world huh? My neighbors in Iowa are PV natives. We don't know them well enough to have sat down and gotten any good tips from them tho, that would have been cool!

ANYWAY!! Happy Independence Day...wish I was there. Guess I'll drink a margarita in honor of this holiday!

Leigh

Missing Vallarta!!!

Post by Missing Vallarta!!! » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 pm

Happy Independence Day from NJ. Oh how I wish I could be having a few beers watching the parade. It looks like such a perfect day there. Well everyone that's there have a great time and think of us.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:37 pm

Thanks for the September 16th greetings, me and my wife celebrate it 'cause its our wedding anniversary. Actually I also celebrate September 18th which is Chile's independence day (I'm Chilean - Dane). Here in Guadalajara, the weather was quite rainy and grey, but we had a great day doing very little :-) and then out for a dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Kind regards

Mogens

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:52 pm

a day late and a dollar short. happy independance day to all our mexican friends. happy anniversary to the Mogens family.
hi everyone. health reasons have kept me away from the site for the past month, except for a couple postings. i hope everyone is doing fine . i look forward to adding my 2 cents worth again. i sure have missed this site. PVR ROCKS. take care.