PV to Ixtapa. Camp sites? (Not RV)

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tibim
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
PV to Ixtapa. Camp sites? (Not RV)

Post by tibim » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Travelling to PV for the first time in Dec... Flying into PV with one other person and making our way down to Ixtapa and back over the course of 3 weeks. We are trying to do this as cheaply as possible and are going to try and mix it up between camping and staying in hostels or perhaps even private homes if we can find anything.

Probably spend at least a week in PV before we move on. Cost is the issue here(would not like to spend $50+ on a hotel per night) and I can't find any good information about camping in PV on these forums or the internet.

My question for anyone familiar with the area is are there any designated camp sites in town where one can pitch a tent and spend the night? If not, would it be safe/acceptable to camp on the beach or another area around town?

To go along with this... where is the closest place in the main part of town where you can store some luggage?(Since we will not have a house/hotel to keep belongings at)

Thanks

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Hostel and Camping

Post by chance » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 am

Here is a site to go to it might help with what you are looking for in PV anyway and maybe some of these might direct you in the right way
Hope this helps

-http://vallartainfo.com/hotels.html

Enjoy Your Travels

tibim
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by tibim » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am

Very nice list!! I think I just found the hotel to stay at (Belmar) for the first few days and also some campground info.

Thanks!

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:25 pm

i actually stayed at the belmar a couple of times, this past may being the most recent. i think that you will like it, just going by your post and reading that you are looking for a camp site. the hotel is only about 5 min walk to the beach, i think it's a great location. very traditional place, staff is nice ect... have fun.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:57 pm