Internet Availability

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:26 am

I'd change my avatar WAY more often (as I have a ton of em), but I find the 10k size limitation VERY hard to work with...not hinting at anything here, just stating the facts...I LOVE animated gifs...but...when in Rome... *sigh* :lol:

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:27 am

I have the same problem. So many avatars but................. M:-( :twisted: >:-((

I'll hint................. hint hint hint hint..... :lol:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:35 am

I can just imagine 20 posts each with their own 50Kb animated gif... plus the php page and the image elements, it could add up to... hmmm... over 1Mb of info each time you read a post, each time you change a page... tedious for the 25% who still access the site with dialup connections (based on site stats). So I feel it's actually healthy to establish some type of restraint in the avatars, no matter what our Dark Vader mod thinks :P , my opinion is that 10kb is good enough for 99% of the members. No?

Greetings

Mogens

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:28 am

Oh be careful...I don't think you want to do a poll on it! :lol:

Hey...it's your site bro, do whatever ya like. No worries. I'm just "sayin" that 10k is WAY too small, to have much fun with. You could always just have people link to an offsite av, rather than uploading to the server...just a thought...if it's a space issue at all.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Oh i have to agree with Dark Vader, no poll please...

i am very happy with the size right now, especailly since i don't have that many of them... ha ha ha... :wink: :lol: 8)

and my Hawkeye is getting the message across to all those Big 10 and Big 12 fans anyway... Go Hawks...

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:22 am

tojol57 wrote:Oh i have to agree with Dark Vader, no poll please...

i am very happy with the size right now, especailly since i don't have that many of them... ha ha ha... :wink: :lol: 8)

and my Hawkeye is getting the message across to all those Big 10 and Big 12 fans anyway... Go Hawks...
Ok for the record I think Winterpegman's avatar is possibly Darth Sidious not Darth Vader :-|3

And if Tom is sending a message to Big 10 fans two can play that game. :lol: 8V8 [rocks] :twisted:

Condor :8-))

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 am

hmmmm..Truth be known...I have NO idea who it is or isn't...I just like the "darkness" of it! lol

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:21 pm

condor wrote:
tojol57 wrote:Oh i have to agree with Dark Vader, no poll please...

Ok for the record I think Winterpegman's avatar is possibly Darth Sidious not Darth Vader :-|3

And if Tom is sending a message to Big 10 fans two can play that game. :lol: 8V8 [rocks] :twisted:

Condor :8-))

All i know is winterpeg is a dark and mysterious person anyway... and i can see why he picks these avatars....

Thanks for jumping on the Big 10 Band wagon... Can't argue with the best conference in America that is for sure. No matter what Billy Packer and Dick Vitale may think... morons....

:wink: :lol: 8)