Travel pv solo in May

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Crissy
Travel pv solo in May

Post by Crissy » Wed Mar 14, 2001 7:50 am

I'll be visiting PV in May solo and staying at an all inclusive please give any tips
feel helpful anything from tipping at the hotel to safety. thank you

Frosty

Re:Travel pv solo in May

Post by Frosty » Fri Mar 16, 2001 3:46 am

When in May are you going? There is so much to say about PV, would be happy to answer any of your question if you wish to e-mail me. Have been going there for the past 15 years.

Jennybean

Re:Travel pv solo in May

Post by Jennybean » Mon Mar 19, 2001 10:45 pm

Safety is barely an issue in PV. I have traveled there before solo and never had any problems - it' s a very safe place I find.....that being said, of course common sense comes into play - don't be wandering into dark alleys and such; think of what you would do at home to be safe when walking alone and do the same.

As for AI tipping, it appears to be an up in the air issue. I have only stayed AI once but I still tipped my bartender for drinks at the end of the day (about 50-60 pesos usually), and I tipped my chambermaid every day, then left her some small gifts (scented soaps, perfumes, lipsticks and lotions). These people work very hard to make your vacation great, and they don't get paid a lot of money to do it. I use my same tipping procedure every trip - I tip for great service, no matter where it is.