Bus to Guadalajara, Guadalajara things to see

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

snowbound
Bus to Guadalajara, Guadalajara things to see

Post by snowbound » Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:53 am

Where do I get the bus to Guadalajara? How much is it? Is a trip to Guadalajara worth the bus trip? What should I see in Guadalajara?

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:Bus to Guadalajara, Guadalajara things to see

Post by webmaster » Mon Oct 29, 2001 2:55 pm

You take the buses to Guadalajara (GDL) a kilometer or so NW of the airport in the "Terminal de Autobuses" (Bus terminal). There are quite a few bus lines, I would recommend ETN, Primera Plus or Futura, but there are more to choose from depending on your budget. I just returned from PVR to GDL via Futura, it was 270 pesos (aprox. $25 USD). ETN should be around 350 pesos (aprox. $33 USD).

Guadalajara is a whole trip's worth all by itself... are you planning to make a one day trip?(!). There are tons of things to do in GDL, it's a 4.5 million inhab. city, so you can imagine that. The historical center of town is a must, Instituto Cabañas, Museo de la Ciudad, Zapopan Cathedral, etc., etc. You also have to visit Tlaquepaque and Tonala, two small towns that are now part of the metropolitan GDL area, here you'll find enough things you'll want that your suitcases will suddenly seem ridiculously small... These are the centers of Mexican artisans, ceramics, wood products, furniture, blown glass, etc., etc.

If you are into food, Guadalajara has literally hundreds of great places to eat, I've lived here 4 years and I still find new restaurants weekly. Best until now Italianni's, Santo Coyote, El Charrua, Mr. Bulls, El Arca, Gondolieris, Piacere, etc., etc.

If you are on a long trip to Puerto Vallarta (2 weeks or more) I would recommend a two or 3 day trip to GDL. If you are on a short trip to PVR I'd recommend you stay there or take a one day guided trip to GDL. Plus, if you are planning to take hundreds of dollars in arts and crafts back with you, it'll be far cheaper in Tonala (Tlaquepaque is almost as expensive as PVR).

If you need specific tips or help in GDL you can contact me.

Kind regards

Mogens
Webmaster