THe best ideas

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
THe best ideas

Post by canada » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:56 am

Hey to everyone out there....my fiance and I are trav to PV Jan 07. Staying at PAlace Resorts...not sure what part of PV it is in...but would love some input on things we shouldnt miss out on...on any of the topics below.
We are both active, and love some adventure, do not want to just be on the beach the entire time.

areas out of the city, will have vehicle access.
PALces to fish?
Great restaurants??
Gems off the beaten path??
Shopping, etc.??
A good Chiropractor in PV?
Anything else that you feel would be worth seeing, I would love to hear about it. Thank you very much.

nospam
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by nospam » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:25 pm

You are out of town a bit in a good area for beaches. From that area it will be approximately a 15-20 minute cab ride to downtown. The local buses are recommended as they are cheap and fun.

Fishing: You can charter a boat or hire a local fisherman. Try doing some net fishing from the shore.

Restaurants: PiPis, Si Senor and Le Kliff are popular. I believe all have websites for info.

Gems off the beaten path: Take the bus to Boca De Tomatlan and hike/walk to Las Animas beach then take a water taxi back to Boca.

Shopping: You can shop till you drop. There are the two big flea markets downtown. The shops near Los Meurtos Beach have some great bargains and it is simply a quaint and beautiful area. Isla Cuale is a more laid back and shady/cooler area with lots of shops, a nice place for a stroll.

Good Chiropractor: Sit at one of the seaside bars with you chairs and tables in the sand, order a bucket of cervezas for 45 pesos and any discomfort you have disappears!

I’m sure you will have lots of suggested ideas. Perhaps purchase a good guide book and see what appeals specifically to you, have fun!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Good enough...what the above poster said, especially about the bucket of cerveza on the beach.

If you need a chiropractor, get a massage at some of the spas you can find in PV.