% Tip?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:16 am

They wern't meant to be mean spirited, and if they came off sounding that way, I'm sorry. It's just that they both never seem to see anything wrong with Mexico. Maybe I'm just paranoid.....could be. Chuck... 8)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

We Are Watching You

Post by smitty » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 am

Paranoid ? - ask your Doc . My diagnosis is ,"cheap charley " syndrome . :) I'm teasing and I respect your opinions . Remember to have fun Chuck - you big knucklehead ! :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:11 pm

charlieb wrote:Maybe I'm just paranoid
You said it, so it has to be true, you're never wrong, right?

And regarding your generalization, thinking you've got me all figured out, read the following topic: viewtopic.php?t=8390

But you knew that too, no?

Mogens

pop&fresh

tipping

Post by pop&fresh » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:11 pm

OK

AS A RESTARAUNT OWNER ILL GIVE YOU THE STRAIT GOODS

ALTHOUGH I PAY MY WAITERS A LOT MORE THEN THE USUAL 50 PESOS A SHIFT, THIS IS THE NORM

IN MOST ESTABLISHMENTS THE WAITER HAVE TO POOL THERE TIPS
SHARING ALMOST 40 PERCENT OF THE GROSS OF TIPS

THE REST THEYLL TAKE HOME

" HOW SHOULD I TIP "

I THINK IF THEYVE MADE YOUR FOOD TO YOUR STANDARDS AND THE SERVICE WAS ATTENTATIVE THEN BY ALL MEANS LEAVE A LITTLE EXTRA

PLEASE DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK YOUR SERVERS ANY OTHER QUESTIONS YOU JUSTMIGHT GET THE ANSWERS TO SOME PRETTY INTERESTING QUESTIONS!

FURTHERMORE REMBER THAT THEY ALSO HAVE FAMILIES TO SUPPORT AND THAT BEING HERE IN PUERTO VALLARTA IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT IN THE FOODSERVICE BUSINESS

IT IS THERE PROFESSION THATS WHY YOULL FIND THE SMAE STAFF IN THE SAME PLACES YEAR AFTER YEAR

I HAVE 5 STAFF MEMBERS THAT HAVE BEEN WITH ME SINCE DAY ONE

JUST MY CENTAVOS WORTH

BRUCE

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:18 am

All I know is that after several margaritas or tequila slammers my tip ar pretty heavy. My motto: Always leave them smiling. :wink:

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I tip 15-20% but it takes just as much effort for my server to carry out a plate with a burger on it as a plate with a steak. IT IS THE SERVICE! We once gave our server $50 for a $36 ticket - drinks were 2-for-1 and we figured we would have spent it anyway! He was attentive, friendly and had a great smile! Just tip, you're on vacation to have fun and be treated nicely!

randyhawk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyhawk » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:52 pm

welovepv wrote:I tip 15-20% but it takes just as much effort for my server to carry out a plate with a burger on it as a plate with a steak. IT IS THE SERVICE! We once gave our server $50 for a $36 ticket - drinks were 2-for-1 and we figured we would have spent it anyway! He was attentive, friendly and had a great smile! Just tip, you're on vacation to have fun and be treated nicely!
could not say it better.
I am in the service industry, though do not work on tips as I am in the management side of front office of hotel. I have indeed worked all over and always appreciate the hard work and service that goes into what the workers bring to me. When the service is good I tip accordingly so if it is great so may the tip be bigger. If the food is exceptional and the service is great...bigger tip but the same goes if these qualities are lower so will the tip be smaller. To the people who expect the owners to pay higher wages the markup on food is not that high so if that is what you expect (higher wage) get ready to pay for your meal even higher. that $20 dollar steak 40.00 and you will still leave a tip...but probably much smaller. Higher wages will mean higher pricing goes hand in hand. This is a service industry and tips are what they work for and really is like an incentive.
If the server gives truly exceptional service...you think it was the best and the server was fun, loose, made you feel special and so on you will tip.

Sorry little long winded....like the service tip what you think is a fair deal...me I tip 15-20 % and rarely have I done much more but it has been more if in a group and all felt the same.