Cumbia? Salsa?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Don Quixote
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Cumbia? Salsa?

Post by Don Quixote » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:14 am

Hi guys/gals,

Are there any places in PV that play cumbia and salsa? I did a search and got a lot of topics but I could not find any specific places.

Thanks.

Los vemos in Mexico !

Don Quixote

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Dancing

Post by Jennybean » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:41 pm

J&B in the hotel zone, or La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecon come to mind first.

De Santos used to have a salsa night, but I don't think De Santos is open anymore...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:26 pm

Thanks Jenny, I was just going to mention that place. Great mojitos to boot.

randyhawk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyhawk » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:38 pm

I think I will go for the Mohitos then....not to good at the salsa but love the flavor of salsa?....maybe salsa and mohitos will go good together.....

carumba!!

willicar123
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by willicar123 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:09 am

La B Del M is place I have stopped in a few times. Its a cuban restruant/bar right downtown on the main drag.

You can write your name on the walls and I was there on Dec. 9th and there was some salsa dancing going on. Not a big dance place but enough to have some fun.

If you go there, look up at the light (inside the light shade) in either the 1st or 2nd light above the bar on the main level closest to the front door door. You will see CARTER....SLC, UTAH :-)

Thats will a smile face and what appears to be a smoke (you make the call) hanging out the smiley mouth. My cousin Donovan is right next to it and and says DONOVAN, LAS VEGAS, NV.

Enjoy!!