Leaving PV by Air

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rwjrmj
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Leaving PV by Air

Post by rwjrmj » Mon Oct 29, 2001 1:54 am

Just came back from PV yesterday (10/27/01) and yes its true they search everything.But it seems as though its random chance if you get searched or not. We were not searched, but if you are they put on rubber gloves and go through everything right at the checkin counter, your undies, books, shoes, etc. i would guess that from the searches I saw close to 90% of people got searched. You get to take one carry on item and it better fit in that little test holder they have in the airport, for women this this does not include your purse.You also get checked again when you go through the metal detector and xray and you are subject to search again right before boarding. All the while there are armed (machine gun) soldiers at all the entrance and exit points for security. It's a hassle but I felt a lot safer leaving Mexico then when I went through security in the US. I truly felt that if someone had something on them they would have been caught.