pv inc october

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

theggold
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
pv inc october

Post by theggold » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:11 pm

a group of us are traveling to pv in Oct some for 7 days some for 9 some for 14 days. I have been reading message boards for every place we travel so I have been reading up here. a few questions have not seen yet weather in Oct 13th to 27th info on resort barcleo la Jolla .is this a low or higher traffic tourist time. what is your favorite restaurant for authentic Mexican food? and one big question to cigar smokers where is best place to buy cigars. these do not have to be Cuban but the best cigar shop in town and is the airport still the best place to buy alcohol or is there a better spot ? feel free to email me or post response here. thanks Larry live love laugh

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Larry, weather in October is very, very hot but beautiful. Sometimes you get the tail end of the rainy season, which is very welcome on a hot day because it only rains for a short while and helps to cool things off. As for the Barcelo, you should check Trip Advisor as well as old postings here. They have had a bad time with a virus that they haven't been able to get rid of. It is probably Norwalk virus and many of their guests have been getting sick, too. Trip Advisor is full of postings about it. Good luck. It's a beautiful hotel and I don't think it is any fault of theirs that this has happened to them. In otherwords, it's not lack of sanitation or lack of effort on their part.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:06 pm

October is low season, and the time of year of our last 2 visits. It can be hot, and a few showers may linger, but PV is at its greenest, and most beautiful, and the winter crowds are weeks away.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm

As for alcohol buy it in town at one of the grocery stores or at the Super La Playa. These places will be cheaper then at the duty free and have more selection.

montyjam
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by montyjam » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:00 pm

There is a great cigar shop on I. Vallarta in southside PV. I can't remember which corner (Fco. Madero?) but it is on the west side of the street and there are a few steps leading down into it.

September and October are normally very, very hot/humid. In 2005, the weather changed around October 21. Last year, it didn't change until mid-November. Be prepared to drink a lot of water.

DugChan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by DugChan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:03 pm

We went for 2 weeks in the middle of Oct.VERY humid. Walking out of the airport was like a wet slap in the face.Temps were mid 90's during the day all the way down to mid 70's at night.Only rained one day. The rest were sunny and HOT. Loved it,and would go again.Didn't seem like places were as busy. Now we are going to find out what it is like at easter.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:13 am

We have been going mid October since 1984. Only a few years do I recall rain but the first couple of days. One Hurricane in 2002 that lasted a few hours. I guess coming from the humidity of Northeast Florida's Summer, it does not bother us that much. We like it because it has not gotten in to High Season (crowds and prices), but most all the Restaurants that have closed in the late Summer have reopened. Still lots of people seem to come then and we see loads of old friends every year.