#1 (Top things to do in Puerto Vallarta)

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Take a water taxi to Quimixto and rent one of the scrawny horses there to ride up to the waterfall for a swim. Just don't go when a tour boat is in as it gets crowded (early afternoon I think is when they come in).

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Have a fish or shrimp taco for lunch made by the lovely ladies at Marisma on Calle Naranjo. Use all the condiments!! Heaven for about one dollar!

Sally

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:23 pm

mgallard wrote:Thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

Mogens
Also the east end of Isla Cuale.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:26 pm

A Lobster Dinner for lunch on the beach at Destiladares Restaurant. Only 250p or go with pulpo y camarones for 130p.

Fatboy
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Fatboy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

I've gone through all 4 pages and save a bunch, will check back to see any additions. Won't have nearly enough time in one week, guess I'll just have to plan another week once we're back, eh? :D

KimInPv
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by KimInPv » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Pay the 100 pesos and pet the baby tigers and jaguars at the zoo, this is a once in a lifetime experience that you would not be able to do anywhere else!

Take a bus out to the libramiento on Saturday mornings for the open air market. Lots of great buys, clothes, kitchen gadgets, tons of fresh fruit and veggies and much better prices than the stores, lots of food vendors, agua fresca y mas y mas y mas!

Walk to the south end of Los Muertos Beach and climb up and over the hill (there's a trail and it's not that difficult) and discover a long stretch of secluded beaches with beautiful white sand and little alcoves to get lost in - go all the way to Conchas Chinas by continuing to walk - Very Secluded Beaches!

Go to Cheeky Monkey and sit on the top floor and sip your $1 beer or margarita

Go to a juice bar in the morning, or seek out a fresh fruit liquado-heaven in a cup.

Swim in the mouth of the Rio Cuale on Sunday afternoon. This is a favorite pasttime of the locals.

EAT AT STREET VENDORS!! THEY ARE AMAZING!!

I could probably go on for a very long time, but I'll stop. I do love this place :D

KimInPv
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Love this place

Post by KimInPv » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:09 pm

Ok, I can't stop, here's more.....

Eat breakfast at El Set - I recommend this to EVERYONE.

Watch the clowns in the stadium at los arcos most nights of the week. You may not understand the language, but you don't have to, they are histerical.

At the same time, go across the street in the park by city hall and dance - there are always about 30-40 people just dancing.

Go out on a big boat in the bay-any boat- whale watching is well worth it, even if you don't see any whales.

Take a water taxi to Las Animas - my favorite beach.

Take a bus to Boca De Tomatlan (10 pesos I think), sit at the beach restaurants and eat their fresh caught fish.

RodeoFoto
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by RodeoFoto » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 pm

tandr2 wrote:Once you can see PV - the feeling that you've come home after a long journey away...
SO TRUE! :)

RodeoFoto
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by RodeoFoto » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 pm

I just got back from a week in Pt. Vallarta for the first time ever! LOVED IT! Here is my ideas!

1. Take the boat Geronimo - anywhere! They rawk!

2. Go to Sayulita on the city bus. You will love the ride and the experience.

3. Go ZIP LINING! Wow, what a rush and a thrill. I did Canopy Tours and loved the slides into the water and the monkeys in the zoo.

4. Most of all, meet the local people. They are so special. I miss them already. :(

Sunluvr
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: #5

Post by Sunluvr » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:07 am

charlieb wrote:Sit on your lanai with a big bowl of homemade guacumole, chips, pickled peppers, a bottle of cuban rum and a glass with ice. Chuck... 8)
I want to party with you!!

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Go to the beach behind the Mayan Palace at the marina and hang out with Emilio El Cheapo. A great character and very willing to help with your Spanish not to mention bargaining for silver jewelry.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Walk south along the malecon all the way to the bridge, veer to the left, almost to the river and beside the bridge, there is a place to get tacos al pastor. Yum! They are piled so high you get 2 tostadas under each one. 5 to a plate with grilled onions in the middle for 60p. Then walk back north and get a chocolate and kalua crepe from the crepe stand for 35p. Sit on a bench as watch all the people as you eat your crepe, and the sunset or the fireworks. We shared the plate of tostadas and the crepe for dinner. We were well satisfied.

Michael183
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: #5

Post by Michael183 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:38 am

Sunluvr wrote:
charlieb wrote:Sit on your lanai with a big bowl of homemade guacumole, chips, pickled peppers, a bottle of cuban rum and a glass with ice. Chuck... 8)
I want to party with you!!

Sounds like my kind of party as well.