Nuevo Vallarta

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

djspens
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Nuevo Vallarta

Post by djspens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:45 pm

We're headed to Nuevo Vallarta Feb. 28th, staying at Riu Jalisca. any recommendations for party places, restaurants, zip line tours,etc?? [/i]

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 am

party places, come on into town... you are about 20 minutes from downtown in Nuevo Vallarta... so it is going to cost you every time to come in to party.....

as for tours Los Varanos for the zip lines....

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:55 am

tojol57 wrote:you are about 20 minutes from downtown in Nuevo Vallarta...
I think Tom is being very generous with the time. From what I have heard about the traffic lately I would say it is going to be closer to 45 mins. Right now it is taking 15 mins from the Marina into downtown.

Not picking on you Tom :wink: , just thought the OP should have a more realistic time and understanding of how far they are actually away from PV proper.

djspens
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

bus vs taxi

Post by djspens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:39 pm

so what's the best way to get downtown? Bus or Taxi? how late do the buses run?

Tom- Go hawks!! We're also from Iowa!

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:13 am

djspens...it's a traffic issue not distance, you can see downtown PV from the beaches of Nuevo but like every place that has traffic issues, time of day has an impact on travel times...most times you'll get from Nuevo to downtown in an easy 20 minutes (cab time)...however avoid early evening as that can be well in excess of 45 mins...Nuevo has the best of both worlds (PV wise)...your close enough to downtown to enjoy all it has to offer yet still have some Mexico time and useable beaches out in Nuevo...cab is 15 bucks...the bus is O.K. as well (in on the bus back in a cab is a good method) very cheap but you will need to transfer once opposite Walmart...have fun...sonofdob.