Scuba diving in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vgeesink
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Scuba diving in PV

Post by vgeesink » Tue Mar 27, 2001 9:10 pm

Hello,
Is there anybody who can tell me more about Scuba diving in PV. Also I would like to know what scuba school has the best to offer (quality/price). My wife and I are from the Netherlands and both advanced divers.
Thanks,

Frank and Rachel.

BOBBER

Re:Scuba diving in PV

Post by BOBBER » Thu Mar 29, 2001 12:37 pm

Several years ago I did my first open water dive in PV. Looking back it was pretty bad. We dove Los Arcos,80ft, 20-30 ft vis. and unreal thermoclines. Others on the boat would not even do the second dive. I hear that it's better out at the Marietta island site, but have no first hand info. I have since dove the Caribbean several times and there is no comparison. That was my experience. Twin Dolphin in the marina came recommended to me and was pretty good.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Apr 04, 2001 7:03 pm

I'm not a scuba diver but a snorkeler, and I can tell you from that experience that Los Arcos is not very good for either....too many people (tourists) in the water, so it's bad visibility. Marietas are much better in comparison.

If you're looking for something that compares with the Caribbean, you are on the wrong coast, but you can find good dives in PV. Check with Chico's Dive Shop for the best locales, they seem to know. They have a website.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Apr 04, 2001 7:27 pm

On the official PV Site - http://www.puertovallarta.net - you can find some site descriptions, scuba conditions and general tips on the "What to do" section; you can find more links to scuba operators on the "Tours and Activities" subsection under "PV Links".

The Chicos Diveshop website is:
http://www.chicosdiveshop.com

Good luck

Mogens

Rachel

Post by Rachel » Sat Apr 14, 2001 9:51 pm

We are in PV right now. We have been diving with Twin Dolphins. They Dive in small groups, wich makes the diving more enjoyable. We als checked out Chico and Adventure Vallarta, but they go with big boats (+/- 60 persons). This is not what you want as an experienced diver. So if you want to dive, check with Giovanni or Mario at Twin Dolphins (www.twindolphinspv.com).

Enjoy your diving!!!

Greetings,

Rachel.