Film processing in Puerto Vallarta

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan
Film processing in Puerto Vallarta

Post by minrose » Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:17 pm

We are thinking of having some of our film developed in Puerto Vallarta while we are there for our trip, how expenisve is it to have your film develped and it is as good of quality as in the US? Are there one hour photo shops? Any suggestions on a good quality film processing store?? And if you do have a suggestion, how do you get to this place?? thanks so much.

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Film processing in Puerto Vallarta

Post by minrose » Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:00 pm

Also is it cheaper in Puerto Vallarta to buy film for your 35 mm camera than in the US? I can get a 4 pack of 24 exposure kodak film 200 speed for $6.44 USD?? What are the prices for film?

mrmike9

Post by mrmike9 » Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:59 am

I was in PV last month and got some film developed at a 1 hour place (actually it was more like 20 minutes!) at a place on Morelos and Augustin Rodriguez streets. It's just north of the lower bridge going towards old town. I think it's called P&V Photo & Video. There's a bank and a jewelry store in the same complex. I paid less than $7.00 U.S. for 27 exposures so it's comparable to the prices here in the US. Quality was great and they use Kodak paper. As far as buying film itself you are a lot better off buying it in the US. For some reason film (especially Kodak) is high in Mexico. That's a good price you have and I don't think anyone can beat that in PV.

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by minrose » Sun Dec 16, 2001 1:16 pm

Thanks I will have some of my film processed there then, $7.00 is not too bad of a price to pay.

minrose
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by minrose » Sun Dec 16, 2001 1:16 pm

thanks, I think I will have some of my film processed there then, $7.00 is not too bad of a price to pay and then I don't have to worry about the film on the way back home.

pt

Post by pt » Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:40 pm

Another good place to have film developed is Guadalajara Pharmacy on Insurgentes in Old Town. Plus they are open 24 hours so if you are suffering from insomnia....and while you are in there, try out there fresh-baked goodies!! You can smell them before you even enter the store!