beach chairs/umbrella's in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

samsaskatchewan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
beach chairs/umbrella's in PV

Post by samsaskatchewan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Everywhere the use of beach lounge chairs and umbrella's works a little different. In PV is there generally a fee for using them or are you just expected to buy food/drinks? If there is a rental fee, what is it? I am particularily thinking of the area South of the Melacom---I think it is called the South Zone.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:46 pm

If you use the beach chairs or umbrella from a specific restaurant it is expected that you will purchase your drinks and food from that establishment. I don't know what the rental fee is if you choose to bring your own refreshments but they will certainly charge you someting.

Joyce

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:43 am

My experience on Playa Los Muertos is that you pay $5 when you sit down, and they give you a ticket good for a drink. I hand the ticket right back to them, thereby ordering my first pina colda. It's simple. The $5 buys the chair for the day and your first drink!

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:05 pm

playa los arcos has a thing called beach club. you pay 20 usd and get an umbrella, lounge chairs, towel and pool privileges. the 20 bucks goes toward your waiter tab if you get food and drinks, and who doesn't get food and drinks while you're on the beach.