Where to stay in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kendall
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Where to stay in PV

Post by kendall » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:01 pm

My wife and I are planning a trip to PV in October and am confused on where to try to stay for our first visit there. We usually like all inclusive but can do other. Any suggestions from you seasoned wanderers.. thanks in advance.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 pm

My husband and I are huge fans of the Golden Crown Paradise (14 time repeat guests). It is adults only all inclusive with 24 hour room service and all menu dining. You can also use their sister family resort next door, the Crown Paradise Club. We were there in March and will be going back in Nov. We love the location as it is only about a $5.00 cab ride to the malecon. The staff is absolutely wonderful and goes out of there way to make sure everyone is well taken care of. If you need additional information, please let me know. Enjoy all PVR has to offer!!

Cheesehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Cheesehead » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:50 am

Hi kendall,
If you are interested in trying not AI, then I would suggest looking into Casa Isabel. My wife and I stayed there last Jan for a week and we are going back in Feb 2010. It is a wonderful place with great views and is in walking distance to many shops, restaurants, and the beach. There are so many great restaurants to eat at, I don't think that you would miss the AI.
Whatever you choose, Have a great trip,
Cheesehead

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:26 pm

Casa Isabel is wonderful!! The owners and staff are really great people. The view is out of this world. The only hitch is that it is up a huge hill, so if you have walking difficulties you will be taking taxi's. The Casa also has a lot of steps.

allangering
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by allangering » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 am

When searching for accomodations here in PV, it can be overwhelming, especially if you haven't been here before. There are about 1,000 rental "agencies" with about 10 of those being honest and reliable.
My very good friend, Susan Wiseman, owns and operates Bayside Puerto Vallarta.The southside of PV is less expensive well, not true as there are multimillion dollar villas in this area but there are some good, not overly expensive places to say. The southside is within walking distance of everything, also called Los Muertos. Great restaurants, shops and beach. I hope to hear from you soon! Regards, Pamela/PV.

travone
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Hola

Post by travone » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am

I have stayed at the Hola a few times. It is very centrally located in the hotel zone. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance. Downtown and the marina are just a short bus ride away.

The Hola is AI, but it is so reasonably priced that you don't mind spending the extra money to take a few meals in town.

It is very clean and safe. It has two pools - one a adult only and a very nice beach. The staff is very friendly.

Michael183
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Michael183 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:58 am

I'm glad to hear such positive remarks regarding Casa Isabel....we are spending next weekend there.

JeanieRich
PV Fan
PV Fan

Melia

Post by JeanieRich » Wed May 05, 2010 1:58 pm

We (a couple) just got back from P.V. April 23rd; we stayed at Melia Puerto Vallarta across the street from the boat slip area of the Marina. It's AI, great food and drinks, as a couple there were a few more kids than we might have appreciated but other than that it was a good stay; the bus goes right by the hotel, 6.5 pesos to downtown. We enjoyed the Circus show and the Comedy show, they have shows onsite every nite. The swim up bar was quick and cool, beauitful ocean view room, friendly staff, etc. We had drinks at the top of the lighthouse (a bar now) a block away from the hotel a few nights, beautiful view! Of course you pay a bit more at Melia than some romantic zone or hotel zone hotels, depends on what you like and your budget. I stayed at Golden Crown a year ago, it was good too, appears smaller than Melia, the shows are across the street there. Enjoy

kethrinelopez
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by kethrinelopez » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am

Puerto Vallarta Is a wonderful Mexican city that is fronted by the blue Pacific Ocean, and backed by the lush, green tropical Sierra Madre Mountains. The people are friendly and charming, always helpful and accommodating. Where to stay, this will depend on what kind of accommodation you desire? Puerto Vallarta offers a wide variety of accommodates, from large chain hotels, to luxury condo and villa rentals. You can also find wonderful smaller charming hotels. But i recommend one turn to the Internet, where you can research all options.

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:07 am

Mrs. Bear and I have rented condos twice in PV, and once a casa in Bucerias. We prefer to prepare most of our meals ourselves. We have rented through Homeaway and VRBO I believe. We do love Old Town in PV, but be aware that your vertical distance from the beach may be more than the horizontal distance. That did happen to us once.