how much are timeshares offering now?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
how much are timeshares offering now?

Post by rcracing » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 am

my son is going to pv in march on a very limited budget. unfortunately he may need to sit thru a presentation for some cash. last time i was there they were offering $300-$400 usd. is that still about the going rate? more? less? thanks for any input

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: how much are timeshares offering now?

Post by glacierroasters » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

rcracing wrote:my son is going to pv in march on a very limited budget. unfortunately he may need to sit thru a presentation for some cash. last time i was there they were offering $300-$400 usd. is that still about the going rate? more? less? thanks for any input
Yes, I was offered 250-350 multiple times...one guy said he could get me more..they are very hungry..everyone is on the hustle in PV for a buck!!

I hate it (being hustled) but I love their enthusiasm, their creativity, energy, motivation...I often wonder if these guys could do it on the phone selling something else/legit/traditional.

They do not ever take "NO" for an answer..not the first one anyway!!!

I like it!!!

:shock: :lol: 8)
Last edited by glacierroasters on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:24 pm

Not to be rude, start a fight or insult, but... these people are simply trying to make an honest living and what you propose your son may do sounds a lot like prostitution to me.

" unfortunately he may need to sit thru a presentation for some cash."

I know a lot of girls who do the same thing.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Last year a timeshare guy trying to sell some really exclusive project... I forgot the name... was up to six hundred and then when I said it wasn't worth it and started walking away he then said eight hundred... in U.S. or Euros take your pick... I know the six hundred offer was real... the eight hundred might have just been a final poke sine he knew I wasn't going to bite.

I've compared the process to prostitution previously as well... just never had a line similar to the presentation that fits so well.

randyhawk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyhawk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

we had lost our luggage...(airline) and were offered some pretty nice stuff.

$400.00 in cash....to buy what we needed.... a full 18 holes of golf and all that came with it...as the 2nd add on.... amazing what they offered...
he kept on talking and I am sure there may have been more...

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Never again

Post by oneistwo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 pm

We sat through a presentation once, way back when it was just a free breakfast. Never again. For one thing, it was way too long and I could feel my vacation slipping away. For 50 weeks a year I look forward to my time in PV and it's just too precious. We sat there because we were new and were in a compliant mood. But I was broke at the time and there was no way I was going to buy anything. I eventually just walked away.

I HATE the time share sharks; dodging them can really raise the stress level of what should be a relaxing walk. But I agree with Shimano; it's wrong to set out to make money off it. They could be spending their time on a more promising or at least less cynical prospect.

We did eventually get a time share. We went looking for one. No presentation, no free breakfast, no cash, no fishing trip, no nothing. We found one used, with 17 years on it, for less than a third of what we would have spent on a new 25-year gig, and we love it.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

good news

Post by rcracing » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 am

My son got his tax refund check so he will have have plenty of money while in p.v. I did not mean to raise controversy with this post. I agree that time in p.v. is too valuable to spend going thru a presentation. Several years back we sat thru one for the perks, as i know many people have and do, I believe the rate of sale is like 1 to every 10 presentations. We won't do one again because we do not plan on buying and treasure our free time in p.v. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. I've been thinking it over and there's probably a bunch of ways of looking at it: from refusing absolutely (We rehearse it: No, gracias), to accepting the invitation because you feel talked or bribed into it even though you know you're not buying anything, or accepting and maybe interested, or getting off the plane and looking for a presentation just for the cash or other goodies.

For another viewpoint on this, go to Lucy's Cucu Cabana on Basilio Badillo and buy a copy of Gil Gevins' Refried Brains, and turn to page 155 and read "The Power of Positive Thinking."

Income tax refund! No procrastinator he. That reminds me....