Miller Lite

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

swishers5
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Miller Lite

Post by swishers5 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:04 pm

Do any local stores carry Miller Lite? Love all-inclusives, but get tired of Dos XX.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Maybe

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 am

After 9 trips to PV I have no idea whether you can get Miller Lite. If you're tired of DosXX (at least it's not Corona), there's Pacifico, Bohemia ... there's a "Favorite Mexican Beer" thread somewhere on this site.

Mimi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Mimi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm

You can buy Miller Lite at Walmart. :)

btimm
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by btimm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

We buy our beer at the grocery stores. I do not recall Miller lite and they do have the biggest beer selections. If you are out, some restaurants and bars serve it though.

tojol57

typical tourist

Post by tojol57 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 am

i know it has been a long time since i have been out here... but only a typical tourist would worry about Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Bud products, etc etc etc... when Mexico has so many excellent beers... also Puerto Vallarta now has a micro brewery... i do enjoy Dos XX (amber and lager), Pacifico, Modelo (light and negro), Sol, and on and on (No corona though, just like drinking a Bud product....

just my food for thoughts

CaballioDiablo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by CaballioDiablo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

I Tried a Modello Light when I was there last year. Pretty good and refreshing, but not as good as Bud!

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Nirvana

Post by oneistwo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Patience Tojo. If someone's AI and drinking Miller Lite, we must be gentle. I agree absolutely with what you say, but many go through a lite beer phase (I confess). Then maybe a Corona phase (Not guilty). Then there's the good stuff, like Pacifico, Sol, Modelo, Bohemia ... I'm blessed our local by-the-case retailer sells them all.

Micro-brewery? Who? Where? I've only got three more weeks to fine tune my must-do list. :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm

but why spend money on an "Import" when there are so many wonderful local beers in mexico... remember people - your bud products, your miller lite products, coors light, etc are all imports to Mexico... so reverse your thought process... when you complain that imports like pacifico, corona, dos xx, etc are pricie in the the states, well guess what, your favorite brew is pricie in Mexico... tu che LOL

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Link to poll and 75 replies

Post by oneistwo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Here's the link to the Favorite Mexican Cerveza poll from a few years ago I mentioned. Fun and informative.

viewtopic.php?t=7549

michael
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by michael » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:45 am

Where is the Microbrewery that was mentioned located?? I know of 1 in LaPenita/Gyuabitos "Baskstreet Resturant & Brewery" but not of 1 in PV :?: :?:

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 am

I enjoy most all of the Mexican beers which have been recommended in this thread with the exception of Sol. Those clear bottles are not good, I have had a few badly skunked bottles of Sol and will not risk it again. I love the 9% Pacificos, it has, IMO, a much deeper flavor profile than the regular Pacifico. Both Bohemia and Modela Negro are, again IMO, world class beers. Not in the top tier, but very good.

For the record: I never went through a light beer phase or a (God forbid) Corona phase. I did however go through a cheap beer phase, I am sure that at one time my friends and I were responsible for keeping Lucky Lager and Pabst Blue Ribbon in business.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:16 pm

The last post always reminds me of a friend and ex partner that was a Michelob drinker. When things got a little tougher he went to Bud and then to Busch. One day a guy offered him a case of Old Milwaukee for the use of our launching ramp and he said "Hey, even we have standards"

As a resident of the Northeast 25 years ago, I liked Genesee Cream Ale, until I saw the Genesee River.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Victoria is a good medium light beer with 4% alcohol. Available at Costco.