Car Rental Recomendations

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

IAHAWKEYECHISOX
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Car Rental Recomendations

Post by IAHAWKEYECHISOX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:51 pm

I would like to rent a car while in Vallarta for one of the weekends that we are there. Is there any recomendations on the best places to go and which ones to avoid? Thanks for your help!

Fred Z
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Car Rental

Post by Fred Z » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 am

I have had good service from Gecko Rentals in Bucerias. I have just now booked with Alamo for early May because they had very cheap internet rates.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 am

Check out the car rentals available through this website. Click on "what to do".

If you don't find their rates within your budget, I have rented for years from Magno Car with no problems at all. They have several locations, I usually use the once across from the Sheraton 322-222-6546

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am

When you rent cars in Mexico, I have found it useful to go over the car with a rental agency employee and note any "dings" (in writing) so that you are not blamed for a new "ding" when you return the car.

Sally

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 am

When you rent from Magno that is part of the process before you get the keys. The walk around the car with you and mark every ding, scratch, etc. If you see something you can point it out to them and they will mark it on the form. They check for your spare, jack/handle, etc. When you return the car they do the same process while you wait in the lobby. I have never had any problems with them at all. It is a much different process than when I rent in the states, where they just hand me the keys.

IAHAWKEYECHISOX
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by IAHAWKEYECHISOX » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

A little late, but thanks for the information! We will be heading down to PV this Saturday and we are pumped for our wedding! We still haven't decided if we are renting a car yet, but all the tips are appreciated! Can't wait!