Vacation with my small dog

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

finddanny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Vacation with my small dog

Post by finddanny » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm

I will be flying into PV on August 4th with my small dog. There seems to be much confusion as to what paperwork I need to bring my dog into Mexico. All of her shots are up to date and I have a health certiif and a copy of my vets Lic. Has anyone flown into Mexico with a pet and what paper work was needed?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 am

Everything I have ever heard is that your pet's rabies vacination must be up to date within the year. Mexico requires them yearly not every 2 years. and you must have a health certificate clearing the dogs health WITHIN ONE WEEK of travel.

I haven't heard of any recent changes from these requirements. Have you tried checking with your airline or your local mexican consulate or embassy for information.

tzpx
PV Fan
PV Fan

paperwork

Post by tzpx » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:59 am

So how did your travel go and what documents did you take for your pet?

darton485
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by darton485 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 pm

im looking to import a do from USA which i guess is a simlar part of the world so i was wondering how you managed to take your dog over there? what kind of paperwork that you had to apply for etc? please can you let me know if you re view this post anytime soon?

thanks

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:10 am

The information is all on this link so you can read it over. There is no difference between taking your dog on vacation and moving with it. You still need the same required health documents. You also need to check with your airlines for their requirements if you are flying down.

monica4overholt
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

General Travel Tips with pets

Post by monica4overholt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 am

How do you get papers on a dog who has no papers if it is essential for traveling??

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 pm

How do you get papers on a dog who has no papers if it is essential for traveling??
They aren't asking for pedigree papers. You take the dog to a vet, get a general health exam, including all immunizations and have the vet give you a record of the exam and immunizations stating the dog is healthy. This has to be done within 7 days of traveling to Mexico.

All the Mexican Govt. wants is proof we are not taking sick/diseased animals into Mexico.