Christmas Weather

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nana4ou
PV Fan
PV Fan
Christmas Weather

Post by nana4ou » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 pm

We are planning a trip either the week before Christmas or the week of.
Will the weather be nice enough to swim and do fun outdoor things, or is it on the more cooler side? Thanks....

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:07 pm

I have always found the weather to be great in Dec. and Jan. The nights and early mornings around the water are cooler (you may need a light sweater) but during the day it is wonderful. The ocean is cooler than it is in the warmer months but the ocean is always warmer in PV than it is in So Cal so I have never found it cool enough to stay out of it. The resort pools are generally not heated so it takes them a little longer to warm up during the day after cooling off at night but all in all it is a great time to visit.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

December Weather

Post by pdxbuff » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 am

I have been to PV the last 6 Decembers and it is always sunny and in the low 80's during the days and maybe around 70 at night. Perfect!

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:58 am

A light jacket or, sweater might be helpful for some of the evenings but, that's the only time I've ever felt a chill during that time of year.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 pm

I have been there twice in Dec and once in Jan. I was surprised how cool it was at night and first thing in the morning. I was glad that I brought 2 pairs of long pants and a few sweaters for the night and early am.

The middle of the day is great, so wear layers!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

In Vancouver, we wear shorts in December at night and we do the same thing in PV. Yes a light sweater or long sleeves would be good if dining al fresco at night.