Tipping

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pjm47
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Tipping

Post by pjm47 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:27 pm

How much would you tip the TAXI driver for the trip from the airport to the Paradise beach resort in Nuevo.

Thanks,

Paul

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 pm

You will have people tell you that tipping taxi drivers is not customary in PV. However, when they handle my luggage I always tip them.

I don't think distance has that much to do with their tip but rather the type of service they give me. Some will talk to you and tell you different things about the area, and others won't speak a word to to you. I always try to start up some type of converstation with them and if they do not respond they don't get the tip they would have had they been a little friendlier. There is no hard and fast rule as to the amount to tip, just give them what you think is fair for the service they provided to you. I usually give them around $2.00 per bag as a ballpark figure.

pHanNie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pHanNie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 am

if drivers are good of course give them higher tip..

but if the driver is so impatient and does not help you on your things..

better not..

they don't deserve it..

:wink:

kiplee67
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

tip

Post by kiplee67 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:44 am

you don't really have to tip them..just say your sincerest thank you :lol: be grateful, :P simile :wink: :wink: and go..hmm but if you are generous enough, give them what you think they deserve :) :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

It is pretty much customary to tip them for handling your luggage. They don't just open the trunk and let you try to put it in the trunk youself while they sit in the cab, nor do they sit in the cab while you lift it all back out of the trunk at your destination. So a tip is customary. If they just drive you from point A to point B the tip is optional.