wheelchairs in P.V.

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
wheelchairs in P.V.

Post by davilin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:26 pm

Does any one know a good place to rent a wheelchair?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi David,

Some of the resorts have them on-site but I would contact Pam Thompson
at Healthcareresourcespv.com. She is someone whose contact information you should have anyway. Fantastic lady who will be able to assist you with any and all healthcare related needs or services. I have her on speed dial when I am in PV, LOL.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks, Kat, I'll look into her. I kinow Mayan Palace has a couple of old beaters but no guarantee of them being available at any time.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:08 am

David,
I know she will help you. She is an RN from the US but has lived in PV for many years. She knows the ins and outs of everything medical in PV; the best docs, hospitals, etc. She has made this her job to assist travelers in PV as well as those that have moved down there. She can translate for you should an emergency arise, assiste you with insurance issues, etc. Don't hesitate to contact her she is a wonderful lady.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm

There's an organization down there called Accessible Mexico that is very helpful, from what I've heard. Tom & Lorrie used them for a family member a couple of years ago and raved about the great service. I'm sure they have a web site or you could PM Tom or Lorrie. Their user names here are:
tojol57
lojol60

I know they'd be happy to help you out.

WeddinginPV
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by WeddinginPV » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 pm

I know there are a lot of great resources, but I think you should contact where you will be staying. Generally, they have them available or can steer you to a credible person. I am getting married, and the hotel took care of getting my grandmother equipped with the wheelchair and option for wheelchair accessible vans.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

***Bump Up***

Post by canucker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 am

Just wanted to move this post up. I have mobility problems now and may want to rent a wheelchair to make it easier to explore. Is Pam still available to contact? I remember most side streets aren't very wheelchair friendly but we'd probably stick to the new and improved walkways ie. the Malecon etc.

Canucker

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Remodeled romantic zone

Post by webmaster » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 am

I would believe the sidewalks were improved now, I was there when they were still working on them.

The guys at http://www.accesiblemexico.com should be well informed on the subject too.

Greetings

M.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Thanks, I have them bookmarked!!!