Seeing Nuevo

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pkrfc001
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Seeing Nuevo

Post by pkrfc001 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:38 pm

We have been to PV and area many times but this is our first time staying in Nuevo. We have seen all of PV and most of the south coast as far as Yelapa. We have been to Sayulita and north to La Penita, but have never stayed on the north shore of Banderas Bay, but Im guessing many of you have knowing that Bucerias is a popular hang out for snow birds.
For a relative newcomer to this part of the area, what are the places that a person must see in this part of the woods? Ive been to the farmers market there, my only experience in town.
We are more than familiar with the local bus system, and can even speak a little Spanish if we get off the beaten path.
I would love to hear what everyone does for day trips, restaurants on the beach and all things that are a must see in the area.

Thank you in advance for any help.....
PKRFC001

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:04 pm

The one thing I would say is a must for N.V. is La Laguna restraunt. Delicious seafood. Other than that, the beach is nice and uncrowded and the Vallarta Adventure center is there. Bucerius though is a great laid back town with lots of great food and drink along the very pretty beach.

pkrfc001
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pkrfc001 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks David
Bucerias sounds like a wonderful town to hang out for a week or so. Thanks again.
PKRFC001

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Bucerias

Post by kgs » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 pm

First timers to Bucerias don't usually realize that there are two parts to Bucerias. The Central Part of the town, where the central square, beachfront restaurants and the market are located is one area. For restaurants, Adauto's and El Bruho are terrific with fantastic views. Many don't realize that there is another section of Bucerias, to the south of the flea market, that can be reached by foot over a pedestrian bridge that is quite hidden. By car this section of Bucerias is accessible only by going back to the main highway, so many miss it. There is much less of a hustle and bustle atmosphere here and there are several beautiful shops and art galleries in this section, with high quality products and several great restaurants. Sandrina's, Karen's, Mark's and a few others offer excellent high end dining and are worth the visit.

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:46 am

Don't forget that Scott's Tours is right there across the bridge. Best prices in the area for tours.
I really like that section of Bucerias, there's some great little restaurants, art galleries and beautiful places to stay. They've also done a nice job repaving the street so it's much nicer to ride a bike on!

TIM

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 am

Think I may have to spend the day in Bucerias in April when I come... I've stayed there and agree on the restaurants mentioned. Fuego's is great too... Shopping is cheaper there then in PV as well.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Restaurant in Nuevo Vallarta

Post by webmaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 am

A restaurant in Nuevo Vallarta (and a good one?!), that's the first news I get, you can hear I've not visited Nuevo Vallarta in a long time, actually last time I was there it was to suffer through some days at the RIU, snotty spaniards and snotty service, plus the rooms didn't have a view... all located with windows to the SIDE... I mean duhhh, smart, very smart if you ask me... Anyway, after a stay at San Marino with my wife (the hotel caters to the gay crowd, but that is a non-issue for me) all very kind and relaxed, I really liked the Romantic Zone (Viejo Vallarta) scene, everything close by, lots of restaurants and nightlife. Why would anybody choose to stay in Nuevo Vallarta... ;-)

Greetings

M.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 am

I'm with you.. have stayed at the San Marino as well... haven't booked our rooms or condo yet for April but it will be in downtown PV... the beaches are nicer out of town but frankly.. I don't care! LOL... I love the action and people of PV...

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Though...

Post by webmaster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 pm

When you consider visiting the northern towns, beaches and locations, maybe staying in Nuevo Vallarta isn't that bad an idea... those that like Bucerías can get there fast and I guess Nuevo V. has developed quite a bit since the last time I was there, specially now that they are trying to sell themselves as a "Riviera"...

M.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:52 pm

I know a lot of people love it there. My friend Fernando always asks why I don't come to his restaurant, The Fajita Republic but if I go out of town it's usually directly to Bucerias,Sayulita or Yelapa

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:50 pm

We usually have 2 weeks so spend 1st week in N.V. because it's away from it all and we can just unwind, then 2nd week in P.V. with recharged batteries.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm leaving January 26th for three weeks this year so only one week in April for me. Meeting a few people I net a few years ago. Looking forward to it!

kgs
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by kgs » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

IMHO the beach in Nuevo is far superior to those in the Hotel Zone or Puerto Vallarta proper. If one likes a wide, clean, extremely long(many miles) walking beach, then Nuevo Vallarta is the place to go. It is more residential, with large All Inclusive hotels and many condo and time share complexes. It tends to be populated by a more sedate (read older) crowd, who don't mind that there is not much to do at night. There are numerous new excellent restaurants that have opened in the last 5 years. I read on a forum recently (perhaps this one) that the majority of the folks landing at PVR indicate on their entry forms that they are staying in Nuevo, no doubt because of the sheer volume of rooms/time share/condo's in the town, so it would be a mistake to think that the Nuevo area is a minor attraction. It is a great location and should be considered, not as an alternative to the style that PV offers, but as a location with a vibe of its own.

Having said all of this, Puerto Vallarta is a great spot, with great allure. We enjoy it for all that it has to offer and as a counterpoint to Nuevo. To each his own!!!

JaCKIeFRank
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JaCKIeFRank » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am

I really like that section of Bucerias, there's some great little restaurants, art galleries and beautiful places to stay. They've also done a nice job repaving the street so it's much nicer to ride a bike on!