Money and Weather

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kenny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Money and Weather

Post by kenny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:27 am

I will be visiting Jan 2-8 2013 and wonder is it best to bring/pay in US dollars or pesos? As well how is the weather in Jan. Thanks..

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:19 pm

The weather in January is great, humidity is low and the days are In the low 80's. Nights can get chilly, depending on what you are used to at home, usually in the low 60's in the middle of the night. I say depending on what you are used to because I often times see the locals during the day in long pants and sweatshirts and I am in shorts and sweating. :)

You can exchange US$ for pesos at cambios and banks all over town. You need your passport to exchange and there is a limit of $1500/month. You get the best value exchanging using an ATM, but check with your bank for fees. If you have a BOA account there are no ATM fees at Socia and Santander Banks? US dollars are accepted in PV, but stores and restaurants often times do not give the current exchange rate. Currently it is around $13 pesos to the dollar but that rate fluctuates, sometimes two or three times per day.

Be sure you notify your credit card company and bank that you will be in Puerto Vallarta so they don't freeze your account because of possible fraud.

kenny
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by kenny » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 am

Ah, Yes thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated. :lol: Being from NY, PV temp will be like summer for me.... tho I live in SC on the beach now.. thanks again...