PVR in **SUMMER**??

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Canuck
PVR in **SUMMER**??

Post by Canuck » Thu Apr 19, 2001 9:44 pm

We are heading to PVR in Late July/Early August and I was just wondering what the general consensus was on travelling there that time of year. We are University students getting a great deal, so thats why we are willing to risk the heat/rain. Is it still busy in Summer? Will the bars/clubs/excursions be busy or not? Are prices relatively the same or is it cheaper (or more expensive) in the "off-season? Anything would be great! Cant wait to get down there!!

randnterri
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:PVR in **SUMMER**??

Post by randnterri » Fri Apr 20, 2001 1:48 am

I was in PV in August when I was a university student also. My group and I thought it was fanrastic. It did rain for a couple of hours in the late afternoon but we found it to be one of the highlights of our trip. We found that we met more people when it was raining as everyone would gather in a restaurant, shop or hotel lobby to watch the rain fall. It was always a festive atmospere. It also helped cool the evening down for our evenings out.Its been a few years since I have been there in the summer but I remember there still being plenty of people around to have a good time with. Any time of year that I have been there the nightlife has always been good. Even though there may be some rain, there will still be sun, surf, good food, and good fun to go around. PV is a fantastic place and you will enjoy! Have a good time!

Jennybean

Re:PVR in **SUMMER**??

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:33 pm

While you will find the nightlife a little bit quieter than in the high season, you should still be able to find a party no problem. The big bonus of going in the off season is twofold: one, the beaches are much less crowded; two, the drinks and the food are cheaper most everywhere. The only problem you may run into is some of the restaurants and stores do close down for the summer months for periods of time. All in all, you should have a great time!