Current weather now-July-11? is the sun intense?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

hskb
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Current weather now-July-11? is the sun intense?

Post by hskb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I am coming to PV this Sat with my wife and 2 kids for 8 nights - This is my first time, and I've been reading a lot of helpful information form this site (Big Thank), and watching the live webcam but don't see the sun coming out. Is this true or just because of the webcam quality? Is it mostly overcast, hot, and humid right now. I am an amateur photographer, so I'd like to know if the sky is clear, or the air is not too dense so that I can take some quality pictures while we're there. Also, i intend to take some pic of the spectacular lightening strikes, where is a good spot for that?
Thank you very much for your help.
We can't wait :)

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been here since Monday and am amazed at how wonderful the weather is. I find that the humidity is really bearable, I've even been sleeping with the windows open and no a/c. It has been a little overcast or hazy on some days, and the clouds gather in the evenings making the sunsets unbelievable. I would think the higher you go the better for viewing lightening strikes.

hskb
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks Mike.

Post by hskb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks Mike, that's great to hear. Sounds like great for photography. I consider bringing a telephoto lens for distance views, but not sure if the haze will made the photos rendered unusable :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

:-)

Post by webmaster » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Glad you've enjoyed the site.

Go to the Lighthouse on Matamoros and go up Galeana to the top of the hill, with a good telephoto and a clear day you'll get some great shots south and over downtown Vallarta.

Would be great if you could share some of your photos with us, with due credit and links to your site, of course (if possible of course!) ;-)

Greetings

Mogens