Snorkeling in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Hawkeye
Snorkeling in PV

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Apr 21, 2001 6:40 pm

We will be staying in the Hotel Zone. Are there any "good" snorkeling tours/operators that anyone can recommend to us. We are looking for good value and a good time for our buck.

Has anyone been on the jungle tour offerd by one of PV's dive shop operators. (Chico's??)

Your feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Jennybean

Re:Snorkeling in PV

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:37 pm

My suggestion for snorkeling is to avoid any of the tours that go to Los Arcos. Too many people go there, too many boats, and the water is too murky to see very much. Find a cruise that goes to the Marietas Islands or somewhere on the outskirts of the bay for better viewing.

I recommend the Bahia Alegre for a good snorkeling/day cruise. Good value for the money, and good snorkeling at a semi-private beach area. (www.viajes-alegre.com)

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:39 pm

Whatever cruise you decide on, make certain they are not one of the ones that goes to Los Arcos....too murky for good snorkeling.

Marigalante goes to Marietas where the snorkeling is pretty good, and Bahia Alegre goes to an area off Pizota. Bahia is less expensive, and a good tour for the money. (www.viajes-alegre.com)

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:41 pm

Jennybean (Apr 24, 2001 11:37 a.m.):
My suggestion for snorkeling is to avoid any of the tours that go to Los Arcos. Too many people go there, too many boats, and the water is too murky to see very much. Find a cruise that goes to the Marietas Islands or somewhere on the outskirts of the bay for better viewing.

I recommend the Bahia Alegre for a good snorkeling/day cruise. Good value for the money, and good snorkeling at a semi-private beach area. (www.viajes-alegre.com)
You have my apologies for the double posting! computer is a little slow today!