first timers

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

shilo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
first timers

Post by shilo » Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:40 pm

hi everyone my wife sonn his fiance and myself are coming to P/V first 2weeks in August staying at the las palmas has any one stayed there can you tell us what it is like also my son wants to swim with dolphins is this a good idea are they well looked after or is it not a good idea, also can any one suggest to us things to do and see.
#have been to cancun and playa car but have been told that p/v is quieter thanks for your help from 4 brits

sandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

You're gonna love it¡

Post by sandra » Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:57 pm

Puerto Vallarta is really beautiful. It like a town full of friendly people. I've been there a couple of times and I suggest you go to Nuevo Vallarta and Punta de Mita, they are on Nayarit, like one hour from P.V. You can also go the Malecon. There are bars, coffe-shops, galleries and stores where you can fine the finest silver jewerly. Enjoy. Don't forget to give big tips 'cause people on hotels are not well paid. Don't know anything about swiminng with dolphins. Sorry

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:first timers

Post by bsimpson » Thu Jun 07, 2001 9:33 pm

Please see the other topic ("Wading with Dolphins") for a couple of opinions. The dolphins are as well cared for as could be expected in a confined area. You may wish to take Jennybean's advice and look for a swim with dolphins in the wild.

PV is a city/area that keeps drawing people back over & over again. I think with the constant hustle-bustle & impatience around us, PV is a breath of fresh air.....you still get everything done...just sometimes takes "a Mexican minute". After a short while you also get into the mindset and end up enjoying a fabulous, RELAXED holiday.

One suggestion for all of you for a tour. The "Rhythms of the Night" cruise is exceptional. Out on a boat to Caletas just as the sun goes down (beautiful sunsets!), arrive when it dark. Pathways, etc. all torch-lit, dining areas all candle-lit. Have an excellent BBQ'd meal on the beach then go up a path to see a great pre-Hispanic show. On the way back to the marina, they generally douse the lights and you can dance under the stars. All drinks on the way over/back as well as on Caletas included. Cost abt. $60 US per person but very good value for the money.

Enjoy your Holiday! Maybe do a posting when you get back to let everyone know what you thought.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jun 07, 2001 10:22 pm

I also suggest that you absolutely don't want to miss strolling the Malecon on Sunday nights. Like a big street festival with music, food, art, theater and lots of people.

Also take a day to stroll around Old Town, south of the river. Lots of great galleries and shops - and especially food! My favorite part of a PV vacation of course!

Alain

Post by Alain » Fri Jun 08, 2001 8:13 pm

Hi 2 Amigos,
I stayed at Las Palmas few years ago, it's a nice place to stay but a bit rather old, i would suggest to go to Blue Bay Getaway. swimming with dolphins is feasable , a bit expensive...120$ US per person.
Enjoy your stay in PV