need good wine

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

skl
need good wine

Post by skl » Mon Jun 25, 2001 7:40 pm

we are planning our wedding in PV later this year and need info on where to buy good wine in PV. does anyone know of any good wine shops or liquor stores in or North of PV? Also, would you recommend buying in PV or bringing from the States? Finally, any recommendations (or warnings) for Mexican wines? thanks for the help!

JRinPV

Re:need good wine

Post by JRinPV » Mon Jun 25, 2001 7:55 pm

There are several good Mexican wines from Northern Baja. Also some excellent Chilean ones available here. Sam's club has French wines also.
JR

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Tue Jun 26, 2001 3:43 am

Just to add, you can only bring one liter, maybe 2 in from the US and Canada...won't get you too far for a reception.

BUT, I have had some excellent Chilean wine...

Sam's Club stocks alot, get a membership if you don't already- and buy a big jug of Kaluha balls when you are there- almost as good as a honeymoon:)

Plus a jug of them is maybe $6.00 at Sam's and the same jug is over $30.00 at the airport.

Anne-Marie

Post by Anne-Marie » Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:08 pm

What do you have to do to get a membership at Sam's? It is similar to costco I believe. Where is it located in P.V?

Anne-Marie

Post by Anne-Marie » Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:09 pm

What do you have to do to get a membership at Sam's? It is similar to costco I believe. Where is it located in P.V?

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:13 pm

Sam's Club is located across from the Marina. Big sign, tough to miss.

I assume the membership thing is the same as Costco; if you are a member at Costco already, ask if that membership works at Sam's.

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:30 am

Costco and Sam's are two seperately owned companies, but very simliar. If you have a Sam's membership from the U.S. it will work in PV, but not at Costco and vice-versa.

pt

Post by pt » Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:17 pm

Wine is plentiful here and as everyone says, Sams has a good selection. The Chilean wine is excellent. If you want champagne though, I would suggest you bring it with you as it is very, very expensive here. You could have all of your family-friends that are coming each bring some.

pt

Post by pt » Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:18 pm

Hi again and just had a thought. If you do not have a Sams club membership, I do. When you are here you can give me a call and I can use my card and go in and buy what you want. You can email me direct for further info (my phone number etc).

vtorres
PV God
PV God

Post by vtorres » Tue Sep 18, 2001 7:09 pm

Go to Super la Playa or Sams Club

Monte Xanic is one of the best wine in Mexico