Bugs, hotels, surfing, and sharks

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Phil
Bugs, hotels, surfing, and sharks

Post by Phil » Thu Mar 01, 2001 2:46 am

1)I was in PV about four years ago, and I was really bothered by the amount of mosquitos that they had. Do you know if they usually have high numbers of mosquitos or was that just a rare case. When i went it seemed that there was only mosquitos at the hotel restaurant.
2)Also, were staying at the Bule Bay Getaway. Could you tell me if that's a nice place.
3) Is there any real surfing in P.V. ? Are the waves big enough to go right off the beach in the hotel zone or do you need to venture out?
4) Are there any sharks in PV?
Thanks

MM

Re:Bugs, hotels, surfing, and sharks

Post by MM » Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:29 am

Been there twice, once in February and once in March. I was under the impression that there weren't any bugs or skeeters thats how little I saw of them. I don't know about the hotel your asking about. I didn't really see any big waves out there but that may have something to do w/ the time of year I've been out and the general consensus about sharks is that they usually hang out around the time share booths and not in the water. No recorded attacks in 25 years.

JRinPV

Post by JRinPV » Wed Oct 24, 2001 2:27 pm

Some world famous breaks for surfing both inside the northern portion of the bay and north of the bay at Sayulita.
For up to date info. contact Archie at Archie's Burgers in town behind Carlos O'Brians. Bugs are not a problem in town and I have seen one shark (non timeshare) in 24 years.

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:18 pm

I stayed at the BBG in November 2001. The hotel was alot of fun, food was a little above average, the staff was great and the shows fantastic! I don't enjoy the location so much now that I've discovered Old Vallarta. Lots of Canadians, a few Americans and some Europeans stayed at the hotel. Be sure to try the a la carte restaurant!