temporary tattoos

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

KT
temporary tattoos

Post by KT » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:31 pm

My husband gave in to a beach vendor and got a henna tattoo. Within 36 hours the whole thing developed 3/8 inch blisters like a second degree burn. A pharmacist across the street from the hotel made a face and said we'd have been better of getting a permanent tattoo. He said they use a very strong concentration of peroxide that some people react to. He sold us a syringe to pop the blisters and some antibiotic ointment to put on, and said to leave it uncovered. We did those things. As soon as we got home we went to our doctor, who said we shouldn't have popped the blisters, but it was OK, and we should keep it covered, and take these antibiotics by mouth. Husband's recovering well, and it certainly didn't spoil our trip. We loved it!

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re:temporary tattoos

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:26 pm

I had 3 of these temporary henna tattoos put on from a beach vendor and did not get any kind of reaction. So, I guess it just depends on your skin type and who you get them from.