Villa del Palmar

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

twigger
Villa del Palmar

Post by twigger » Thu Mar 01, 2001 3:50 pm

What is the snorkeling like in Puerto Vallarta in May? and has anyone stayed at the Villa del Palmar? How much spending money shold one take with them? I've never traveled much and need some help? What about credit cards do they take most any?

daltongramie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Villa del Palmar

Post by daltongramie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 12:26 pm

We have stayed at this resort several times infact we own timeshare there. The resort is very nice and friendly. There are two sister resorts close by and they use each others pool areas. The beach is nice and they have a roped off area if you dont want to bother with the locals on the beach. The snorkeling is not good in Pv so dont bother. But there is so much else to do. Lots of tours and things to see. Use the local bus system which is very reliable and cheap. Go to the downtown Mexican Fiesta at the resturant in the town as the ones at the hotels arent as good. That one is family oriented and run.
The water in all of Pv is purified, so dont worry about that. Have fun We are going for two weeks the 10-24 of March and so looking forward to it. Wish we made it for a week earlier to beat this Blizzard in the Northeast !!!!!

CarolynCL

Re:Villa del Palmar

Post by CarolynCL » Mon Mar 05, 2001 10:38 pm

I don't know about May, but the snorkeling was not too bad when I was there on my last trip (March 1999). The only place that I found with worthwhile snorkeling was the Marietas Islands (I went on the Marigalanta trip, which I can recommend). If you are expecting terrific snorkeling, you will be disappointed, as it is not as good as snorkeling in the US and British Virigina Islands (where I vacationed last year with family on a yacht charter). Sadly, even that is not as good as it was in years past.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the snorkeling on the Marigalanta trip (if anything, the time in the water was too short). I've never managed to see anything much at Los Arcos.

Carolyn