Weather in August?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ik
Weather in August?

Post by ik » Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:33 am

I've been seeing in the weather reports that August is a very wet month to be in PV - is this a bad time to be visiting? Will it be raining everyday? What is there to do in the rain? If there are thunderstorms, I'm not sure I want to be in the water. Please give any advice. Thanks!

bzy1

Love the rain!

Post by bzy1 » Fri Aug 10, 2001 3:14 am

Most often, the rain will not ruin your vacation. On average, the rain, if any, is late in the day, or in the evening. Plenty of sun time, and the rain is great for cooling things off, washing off some dust, and of course making the flowers and jungle grow to its lush beauty.

The rainy season isn't really all that rainy, but it also makes the waterfalls, so try and plan a tour or excursion to one of the many waterfalls in the area. A side trip to Chico's Paradise is a blast! Pack a beach bag and take a taxi, spend the day swimming, playing in the river and sunning on the rocks- they also have a huge open air restaurant for food and drinks.

Playing in puddles is fun also:), you're on vacation, so you can feel free to act like a kid again:) !

Since PV has a few rivers, the water may look murkey after a hard rain... it's just run-off from the mountains....no fear. Beaches to the north, where there isn't a river flowing into the bay has the clearest water, so if you plan on snorkeling, head to Marietas Island for best water clarity.

Also, disregard most "weather sites" they never seem to be right, or even close... for REAL weather, check the Malecon cam, you can see what the weather is like in real time, and a good view of where you'll soon be. http://www.earthcam.com/mexico/jalisco/ ... a/malecon/

have fun, you'll love it!