Topless Sunbathing

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Flossy
Topless Sunbathing

Post by Flossy » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:17 pm

I am going to Puerto Vallarta in February and it is my first time visiting Mexico. I will be staying at the hotel Vista Playa De Oro which is close to the marina end of the beach does anyone know whether topless sunbathing is the norm or is it frowned upon ?
Many Thanks

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Topless Sunbathing

Post by teduardo » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:35 am

Topless is illegal on Vallarta beaches, and considered offensive by many of the locals. Not saying that nobody does it, but it is definitely not the norm.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:47 pm

Have seen some Euros toppless at the Playa del Oro, doesn't seem to bother anyone. Haven't really seen security do any thing about it.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:46 pm

Go for it at Play de Oro.... that is normal over there.... that is a family all inclusive and we stay next door at the Crown Paradise and adults all inclusive and we find more topless ladies over there ... and as my distinguished friend Chuck said most of the Europeans go topless over there... with out a problem... and there is a beach up north of Punta Minta near San Fransisco that is supposedly nice for this as well....

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:53 pm

You may get away with it in a resort, but on the beach it's still illegal - I've seen women arrested for this.
Please have regard for the culture of the country and don't try importing your own.

Johni

Post by Johni » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:13 pm

Last year on the very same beach we witnessed a woman get arrested for being topless , when I inquired as to what happened it was explained to me as this , the beaches are under federal law in Mexico and if you are caught you will be charged .As well as many people will tell you the Mexican people are catholic for the most part and are a very modest people so you will be offending a great many people in their country . How would you like it if people went nude on your street in fromt of your kids?
Respect these people and their culture if you have to go without clothes pick an appropriate resort that has a clothing optional resort .

nj

Post by nj » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:20 pm

In Europe, going topless is common, but this is Mexico. That person may not be uncomfortable, but others might be.

Flossy

Post by Flossy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:55 pm

nj (Jan 09, 2004 11:20 a.m.):
In Europe, going topless is common, but this is Mexico. That person may not be uncomfortable, but others might be.
I do respect other peoples cultures and values of the country I am visiting that is why I am asking and not just doing it . I do not do it to offend the local people it is in the interest of what to pack more than anything else ! ! I have the greatest respect for the local people of what ever country I am visiting which is more than can be said of a lot of people I am astounded at the way a lot of people speak and behave towards the people of the country they are visiting ! Any way thanks for your views.

susana

Post by susana » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:22 am

If you are at a high-end resort or isolated beach, it might be accepted or overlooked. But generally, as it is a conservative catholic country, personally i'd keep my top on. the local help was been polite the one time i've seen european young women sunbathing topless, but it was not a comfortable situation. just my opinion, but i'm a PV regular and great lover of that town! to my understanding it is more accepted on the Caribbean side where more Euro-travelers frequent.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:19 am

Just passing on the info. It doesn't make me any difference. I will echo: respect the people and culture.

Canada-Edmonton

Post by Canada-Edmonton » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:57 pm

YOUR ON VACTION! Go topless! Go naked! Who cares. I don't. See you in February. Forget about what everyone else thinks you earned this vacation!

slippery pete

Post by slippery pete » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:54 am

Canada-Edmonton (Jan 12, 2004 06:57 p.m.):
YOUR ON VACTION! Go topless! Go naked! Who cares. I don't. See you in February. Forget about what everyone else thinks you earned this vacation!
we will look forward to seeing you on the front page of the daily paper, " naked Canadian guy earned this vacation!" grin.........

johni

Post by johni » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:05 am

You forgot get arrested.......... who cares!!!!!

RESPECT THEIR CULTURE YOU ARE A VISITOR !!!!!

Jaqueni

Post by Jaqueni » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:22 pm

////YOUR ON VACTION! Go topless! Go naked! Who cares. I don't. See you in February. Forget about what everyone else thinks you earned this vacation!//// from canada - edmonton

This is your vacation , you have earned it no one is denying you owe it too yourself to get the most out of it , howvever when you get an imature reply like this you have to understand that Mexico is not some third world country with no laws and you have to take some responsibility for yourself , you are visiting their country , you are a guest and the last thing you want to do in Mexico is get arrested for anything . Ask yourself, if you found something offensive that made people uncomfortable how would you feel if a bunch of out of towners showed up in your hometown and started doing these things in front of your family?

Canada

Post by Canada » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:48 am

OKAY MAYBE YOUR RIGHT A LITTLE IMMATURE BUT STILL FUNNY. ANYWAYS IF YOU DO GO TOPLESS THEN THERE NOT GOING TO THORW YOU IN JAIL ON THE BEACH THEY WILL ASK YOU POLITLEY IF THERE IS A PROBELM TO PUT SOMETHING ON. BIG DEAL. YOU AMERICANS SHOULD RELAX A BIT YOU ARE A BIT TO WORRY SOME.
Jaqueni (Jan 13, 2004 02:22 p.m.):
////YOUR ON VACTION! Go topless! Go naked! Who cares. I don't. See you in February. Forget about what everyone else thinks you earned this vacation!//// from canada - edmonton

This is your vacation , you have earned it no one is denying you owe it too yourself to get the most out of it , howvever when you get an imature reply like this you have to understand that Mexico is not some third world country with no laws and you have to take some responsibility for yourself , you are visiting their country , you are a guest and the last thing you want to do in Mexico is get arrested for anything . Ask yourself, if you found something offensive that made people uncomfortable how would you feel if a bunch of out of towners showed up in your hometown and started doing these things in front of your family?

katnsocal

Post by katnsocal » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:32 am

quote:
YOU AMERICANS SHOULD RELAX A BIT YOU ARE A BIT TO WORRY SOME.

Don't even go there. It isn't about being American vs Canadian, it is about respecting the wishes, cultures and laws of a foreign country you have chosen to vacation in. I am sure no one sent you an engraved invitation to come and vacation in Vallarta. So get over the we are better than you stuff and stick to the original question, which was "Are there topless beaches in PV?"

slippery pete

Post by slippery pete » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:29 am

katnsocal (Jan 14, 2004 01:32 a.m.):
quote:
YOU AMERICANS SHOULD RELAX A BIT YOU ARE A BIT TO WORRY SOME.

Don't even go there. It isn't about being American vs Canadian, it is about respecting the wishes, cultures and laws of a foreign country you have chosen to vacation in. I am sure no one sent you an engraved invitation to come and vacation in Vallarta. So get over the we are better than you stuff and stick to the original question, which was "Are there topless beaches in PV?"
I think the edmonton canadian must be a pre-pubescent boy with that " oooooohhh BOOBIES! " attitude.

Jaqueni

Post by Jaqueni » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:41 pm

Right on Pete.....

So many times these posts get turned into country vs,. country . EDM - CANADA is probably some kid who has nebver even been to Mexico , it doesnt matter what country you come from your supposed to behave in a MATURE , RESPONSIBLE manner , vacationing isnt an exscuse to break the law or offend people in another country . You said probably you"ll just be asked to put your top back on . Very nice of you to take a chance with someone getting arrested with your great advice .

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:01 pm

Why can't we all get along? although I do enjoy these rhubarbs that go on from time to time. I know one thing we all can agree on is that Puerto Vallarta is a great place to vacation. Now lets kiss and make-up.

Charlieb

Post by Charlieb » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:38 pm

Yea, I like that: Let's kiss and make up....and maybe show some class.