P.V. Beaches... which is the nicest????

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Karen
P.V. Beaches... which is the nicest????

Post by Karen » Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:47 pm

Looking for a hotel with a beautiful beach. Have stayed at the Eden Sunset Bay in Nuevo and it was nice. But will be staying probably in the hotel zone. Are the beaches okay there? Is there a surf? Can you walk for a ways or what? Please help...Thanks.

Jennybean

Re:P.V. Beaches... which is the nicest????

Post by Jennybean » Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:54 pm

Some of the beaches in the hotel zone are nice, some aren't so nice.

Have heard recommendations for the beaches and accommodations at the Las Palmas, Sheraton Buganvilias, Crown Paradise (but it's awfully close to the Marina), Velas Vallarta, and the Krystal resort to name a few. I'm an Old Town girl, so I can't give you first hand knowledge on this one.....can only sort of point you in the direction from second hand comments. (-:

The best beaches are north of Nuevo, or south of Mismaloya, in the less populated or traveled to areas. My personal favorite is El Anclote, in Punta Mita.

Darc

Post by Darc » Thu Aug 23, 2001 8:17 pm

Hi, I am no expert on PV been there twice 1999 and 2000. But did hear before we went about the south of town Mismolya bay is dirty and scummy, we found it to be true even rumors of sewage in it. I would say something is wrong there the water felt slimy on the feet.
When we went in town we walked the beach in the hotel zone it was ok one hotel next to another nothing special at the beach there. Unless you like crowds.

We had heard the beaches north of town were better the resorts newer and have higher enviromental standards. When we left PV in 2000 from the air we looked down and I would say the beaches north of town looked very nice sand was whiter looking from air and water was clearer. Have heard of some reports that sound real nice there. Taxi's are regulated there so not expensive to get to town and the bus was real nice 50 cents and air conditioned we had good experiences with both.
have you checked out the trip reports ? I have had a few suggestions to find some but not that many there, Travelocity.com has some membership is free there.
good luck, darcy

tiedeman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tiedeman » Mon Sep 03, 2001 2:06 am

What are you looking for in a beach. Location,activities,partying,fishing,nude sunbathing? Let me know what your looking for and Ill help you find what you are looking for We will be living in PV from Oct 22 to April 2nd. Doug