Traveling with a cronic illness...

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ChiTownLoca
Traveling with a cronic illness...

Post by ChiTownLoca » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:19 am

Hi PV Lovers!
1st visit to PV area, and Mexico in general. I have MS and I take medications including injections, I also had sleep apnea and travel with a machine that helps me sleep. Has anybody encountered any problems with customs, bringing in medical equipment, injections or medication. I have letters from my doctors written in English. Any info that would help smooth things thru customs would be very helpful. Thank you

bill12

Re:Traveling with a cronic illness...

Post by bill12 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:29 am

mailto:pmt@prodigy.net.mx

This person works in the medical profession in PVR SEND HER AN E MAIL WITH YOUR QUESTIONS iM SURE SHE CAN HELP.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:05 pm

I travel with a sleep apnea machine. They will probably open your luggage after it is scanned. But, it is no problem. They do recognize it for what it is.

mandj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mandj » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:54 am

I'm going to presume youre from Chicago, therefore, departing from the US. Packing your machine in your checked bag won't be a problem for you. As the previous poster had said, it will probably will be checked, but then cleared with no further issues. Most likely without you even being bothered about it.

As for your medications, it sounds to me like youre already, ready to go. Keep them with you, along with your doctors letter(s). Keep these items with you at all times when travelling. As long as the name on the prescription medications match your identification, youre ready to go.

These things are what I do for a living with the new Dept. of Homeland Security, and I'm always willing to help people get going.

If you or any other BB'ers have any other questions, feel free to ask here.....Enjoy your trip to PV!!!!

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stacey » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:44 pm

Hi there. I don't travel with any machines of any sort, but I also have a chronic illness and have to travel with enough drugs (including injection) to supply a small country. I have never had a problem. Like you, I bring notes from my doctors for everything I am carrying with me and they rarely ask questions. I bring my prescriptions and syringes on the plane and they allow it. Don't worry - You are going to have a blast!

ChiTownLoca (Feb 06, 2004 09:19 p.m.):
Hi PV Lovers!
1st visit to PV area, and Mexico in general. I have MS and I take medications including injections, I also had sleep apnea and travel with a machine that helps me sleep. Has anybody encountered any problems with customs, bringing in medical equipment, injections or medication. I have letters from my doctors written in English. Any info that would help smooth things thru customs would be very helpful. Thank you