Weather at Night

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SummerSun
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Weather at Night

Post by SummerSun » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:02 pm

Can someone please tell me what the weather is typically like at night in Puerto Vallarta in March/April. My b/f and I are going the week of March 24th and I would like to know what I should bring to wear! I traveled to Riviera Maya mid Feb and was unpleasantly suprised at how cool the nighttime temps were. I was expecting to be able to wear tank tops and shorts or a strappy dress but I ended up freezing.
Any info as to what to expect would be greatly appreciated!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 pm

It could be something similar here in Vallarta. I would have a sweater along just in case. The cool breezes off the bay will get to you at night. I am fine in shorts and shirts etc during the evening hours, but the wife needs a little more on than i do. so she will have short outfits with matching sweaters etc.

Don't know what else to tell you except, come prepared i guess. You just never know what the weather and Mother Nature may haev in store for you and your b/f.

have a great time...

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

night weather

Post by oneistwo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:37 pm

It's usually just perfect in March, a pleasant breeze but not cold. Away from the Malecon or the beach, it's actually pretty warm at night. We usually wear the same clothes as during the day: shorts and a T-shirt. Do bring one pair of long but light pants and one light long-sleeved item just in case. I fly in from Newark and I have a very light fleece jacket I wear to the airport and put it in my luggage as soon as we get there. Most years I don't need it in PV, and if I do it's because we decided to sit by the water and listen to the waves, or if we go on an early morning or evening boat ride (by mid day, it's pretty hot out on the water).

Check the weather forecast at weather.com if you want reassurance, and to see if you share my idea of what not cold means. In the low to mid-60s this week. Which after a mid-80s day is just about right.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:07 pm

I take one long sleeve item (very lightweight black silk knit cardigan works nicely). I rarely use it, but have on occasion. for evenings I like long, loose, lightweight (palazzo style) pants, tank top, sandals.
________
OPIATE REHAB ADVICE
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:09 pm

don't overpack. if it is really too cool there's tons of great clothes shops, it would be totally easy to pick up an additional something. that sweater i mentioned above, out of over a dozen trips, maybe i wore it on 3 occasions.
________
HONDA NH SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:36 pm

Because me and tyler spent alot of our evenings along the malecon I wore a light sweater over a tank top and it was perfect.

mlroberts
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mlroberts » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:09 pm

I occasionally put on my capris with a t-shirt and was just fine but my sister is a little cold blooded and had her jeans and a light sweater on most evenings. I guess it depends on how cold you are normally. Just remember that after being in the sun all day it kind of hurts to put things on your shoulders!!! :D

SummerSun
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thank you..........

Post by SummerSun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post :D

Good information....... and about not over packing... Impossible!! I ALWAYS do! A girl has to have choices, you know!