Marijuana Laws on small pocession

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lovePVgal
Marijuana Laws on small pocession

Post by lovePVgal » Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:41 pm

I know that this may be a taboo subject but I just wanted to know. I am going to PV for a vacation of fun and relaxation, but I really don't want any trouble either. If by chance while I'm in PV and someone walks up to me as they always do, and ask if I want some pot or weed(or whatever they may call it) If a policeman should fine me either smoking a joint or have one on me, what will happen. Listen I'm not talking about bring anything back to the states and I'm not thinging about dealing or getting a big amount, just enough to have alitte better time in PV. I don't want to upset any one just want to know.
lovePVgal

Jennybean

Re:Marijuana Laws on small pocession

Post by Jennybean » Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:24 pm

While I wouldn't chance it myself I say if you want to do it, go ahead, (live and let live), but be very careful of the people who walk up and offer you smoke. I have seen some who appear to be working with the police to catch people with it - witnessed someone get picked up by the police right at the table behind me at breakfast one morning after being approached and purchasing from some young guys in Old Town.

And of course you have been there before, so you know about the zero tolerance policy in pretty much all of the bars and clubs.....don't smoke it on the beach either.

I say if you want to do it, do it privately at someone's casa (with someone you know from there would be best) and you might be okay.

Jennybean

Oops! Forgot one thing!

Post by Jennybean » Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:27 pm

Forgot you asked what they would do if they caught you.......you go to jail. And they have pretty strict laws on possession and usage if they catch you I hear.....you could be looking at a good chunk of time in a Mexican jail.

JRinPV

Post by JRinPV » Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:59 pm

You can generally avoid jail buy paying Mordida right away to the cop that catches you. Do not go up the chain of command, it will only get more expensive. Most I've heard of was $200, but that was on the beach - Federal Zone and a bigger problem.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Mon Sep 24, 2001 4:35 pm

Yup, listen to JR, he knows better than I do.....I can only give you info on what I saw, and what I've heard happens.

So what you really have to think about is whether parting with approx. $200 of your vacation money, or possible jail time, worth the short lived high. Ultimately it's your call, but I could think of about 1,000 other things I would rather do with that money. :)

BillyD

Post by BillyD » Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:08 pm

Why not try to have a good time without it because if you get caught I don't think that the consequence equal the enjoyment. Don't forget you are in a foreign country.