Flying and Customs

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jomax24
Flying and Customs

Post by jomax24 » Sat Sep 22, 2001 3:44 pm

We are flying in from Calgary, Canada on Oct. 7. Can anyone give us an idea of what we are going to endure as far as flights and customs are concerned?

pt

Re:Flying and Customs

Post by pt » Sun Sep 23, 2001 3:36 am

If you are referring to tighter security now, or just general traveling between Canada and Mexico...things are pretty much the same except you need to be at both airports 3 to 4 hours prior to departure, no carry ons. On this in (PV) things are as before. You will need your passport to depart Canada and enter Mexico.

bzy1

Re:Flying and Customs

Post by bzy1 » Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:40 am

Check your airline's web-site for up to the minute info. I just had a friend fly from LAX to Chicago, and was upgraded to 1st class, as there were 8 people on the whole plane. (no food though)
I am flying Continental to PV in a month. As of today, they recommend checking in 2 hours before departure, and allow carry-on baggage. I am still going to be there 3 hours early.

One thing about e-tickets: they do recommend a receipt, and you need to check in.

I also called about needing a passport. As of yesterday, A valid State ID and certified birth certificate (raised seal) are all that is needed.

happy travels!