What's new in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gottago
PV Fan
PV Fan
What's new in PV

Post by gottago » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:55 pm

We were in PV in Nov 1999. We stayed at the La Jolla de Mismaloya for 7 days. We will be there again in Feb of 2002. We are coming this time with another couple. It will be their first vacation in 12 years. What's new since the last time we were there. We just love that part of PV. Not to many people down at that end.
Thanks gotta

JRinPV

Re:What' new in PV

Post by JRinPV » Tue Sep 25, 2001 5:24 pm

Right now there's no beach at Mismaloya, it fell into the bay wiping out palapas and restaurants. Hopefully it will be back by Feb.

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:What's new in PV

Post by bsimpson » Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:30 pm

Hi JR. Noticed you referred to the 'disappearing beach' in another note. Did it all of a sudden break away in one piece and wash out or was it a gradual erosion. Is it expected the waves will gradually rebuild it by moving the sand up? Just curious. Thanks.

JRinPV

Post by JRinPV » Tue Sep 25, 2001 6:50 pm

According to reports 156 cubic meters of sand went all at once. It may come back.
You can read the report at http://www.pvmirror.com/

a regular

Post by a regular » Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:43 am

JRinPV (Sep 25, 2001 01:50 p.m.):
According to reports 156 cubic meters of sand went all at once. It may come back.
You can read the report at http://www.pvmirror.com/
does this mean all the sand flees have drowned?

JRinPV

Re:Sandflees

Post by JRinPV » Wed Sep 26, 2001 3:04 am

They're really flies, so I doubt it. Probably now concentrated on the remaining sand!

vtorres
PV God
PV God

Post by vtorres » Wed Sep 26, 2001 2:51 pm

At this moment Mismaloya Beach have a problem we at PV are very concern about this issue, but we hope that the people invole in the solution of this problem, act fast and in a smart way.

mine

Re:Sandflees

Post by mine » Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:18 pm

JRinPV (Sep 25, 2001 10:04 p.m.):
They're really flies, so I doubt it. Probably now concentrated on the remaining sand!

JR, I checked out the website, but cant find the report....

jomax24

Post by jomax24 » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:06 pm

As you know the San Andreas fault runs up the west coast of Mexico. Apparantly a sideline fracture, off the mainfaultline, is forming in the bay. There was slight tremor on October 8th. It didn't cause any damage, but, heightened the scientists belief that this is what's going on under the bay. As to whether or not they can fix the beach. Hey...the technology is available. The worst problem in PV right now is a decided lack of tourists. Everybody is scared and really watching the bucks and it shows!
The hoteliers are going to get together to try and figure out what they can do to get the people back. It should be interesting to see what pans out!