Internet Availability

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SWCW
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Internet Availability

Post by SWCW » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 am

We are returning to PV in a few weeks, and read the tip from someone about the small mall across from the Marina which has internet available to email home. Has anyone used this, we would rather be able to email home everyday rather than have to use the phone cards we bought at the gift shop.
[/b]

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:49 am

There are Internet cafe's all over...so it's no problem. Are you just planning on staying within 6 feet of the Marina or something?

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Internet at Marina

Post by ronald » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:55 am

There are two shops for internet at the Marina that we know of. Both are in the one strip mall. One is definitely better than the other. We have used the internet shop at the Marina (Rick) every time we have been in PV. (The last time was this December/January. It's a nice shop, the computers are new, reasonable high speed line, and he charges in 15 minute increments. Neither my wife or I can remember what we paid each time, but I think it was 20 to 30 pesos each time. He also sells every tour that is available, but if you are using the internet to book, try Mogens here on this bulletin board. It's the same price and it kind of pays Mogens back for all of his costs running this board for all of us to use free.

PS: There are some really good restaurants in the marina also. Even if you are on a All Inclusive plan, they are a good break, and provide really tasty meals.

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Internet Availability

Post by welovepv » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:48 am

SWCW wrote:We are returning to PV in a few weeks, and read the tip from someone about the small mall across from the Marina which has internet available to email home. Has anyone used this, we would rather be able to email home everyday rather than have to use the phone cards we bought at the gift shop.
[/b]
We used the internet cafe in the Paradise Village mall last October. I believe the cost was around 40 pesos and I was on the internet for about an hour. Much cheaper than a phone card or a collect call home!!

SWCW
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by SWCW » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Thank you for the info. not sure why the 6 foot comment was necessary, I was only trying to use the marina as landmark, but for the rest of you, thanks, we enjoy this website, and are big fans of GCP, anyone going in July ? [/i][/b]

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 am

SWCW wrote:Thank you for the info. not sure why the 6 foot comment was necessary, I was only trying to use the marina as landmark, but for the rest of you, thanks, we enjoy this website, and are big fans of GCP, anyone going in July ? [/i][/b]
"Necessary"? No...of course it wasn't. Perhaps you could lighten up a wee bit? It was said tongue in cheek. My days can be miserable enough all by themselves, so on occasion I make wisecracks...helps me cope. Sorry if you took it too seriously.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:50 am

Winterpegman, you and I are going to get quite the reputation for being the most sarcastic posters on this forum. I thought it funny and knew exactly how you meant it, your original response. I do the same thing, shoot a quick quip and sometimes someone new to this board is feeling maligned. Just having some fun, boys will be boys. :roll:

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:38 am

chuck wrote:Winterpegman, you and I are going to get quite the reputation for being the most sarcastic posters on this forum. I thought it funny and knew exactly how you meant it, your original response. I do the same thing, shoot a quick quip and sometimes someone new to this board is feeling maligned. Just having some fun, boys will be boys. :roll:
If my reputation is only that of being sarcastic...I'm WAY ahead of the game!! :wink: :lol:

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:57 am

chuck wrote:Winterpegman, you and I are going to get quite the reputation for being the most sarcastic posters on this forum. I thought it funny and knew exactly how you meant it, your original response. I do the same thing, shoot a quick quip and sometimes someone new to this board is feeling maligned. Just having some fun, boys will be boys. :roll:
You guys? I'm the one that sarcasticly suggested that Tom must be sick for not replying to a post with some letters that I forget... :twisted: and that lead to about 20 people having to apologize. We may have to start our own forum called SarcasticRus.com :lol:

Condor :8-))

tojol57

Sarcastic SOB's

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:41 pm

well you guys always make me laugh with your banter... tough acts to follow that is for sure... and yes some people just don't have a sense of humor...

if you are a fan of the GCP, the go next door and use their internet cafe for guests, or down around the corner to the little mall area that has a nice cyber cafe...

have fun.... :wink: :lol: 8)

heatherlynnette
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by heatherlynnette » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:06 pm

This is a really stupid question, so I'm just going to apologize now. But do you have to take a laptop to these internet cafes? I really don't want to have to take mine.

Heather

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:21 pm

heatherlynnette wrote:This is a really stupid question, so I'm just going to apologize now. But do you have to take a laptop to these internet cafes? I really don't want to have to take mine.

Heather
they have PC's already set up for you to use... they are like the one's you would find set up in your local public library... some have little "walls" between you so that people can't just look over onto to your monitor to check what you are doing or not doing....

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:21 pm

winterpegman wrote:
SWCW wrote:Thank you for the info. not sure why the 6 foot comment was necessary, I was only trying to use the marina as landmark, but for the rest of you, thanks, we enjoy this website, and are big fans of GCP, anyone going in July ? [/i][/b]
"Necessary"? No...of course it wasn't. Perhaps you could lighten up a wee bit? It was said tongue in cheek. My days can be miserable enough all by themselves, so on occasion I make wisecracks...helps me cope. Sorry if you took it too seriously.
I'd recommend [rocks] you use those little cute images [scrunch] I've uploaded to give an indication of how you are feeling [sick] and have people notice you are just having a bit of fun 8V8 (convey emotions), otherwise things can be read a bit aggressive >:-(( and that, we've seen before, can lead to some long threads or back and forth attacks |:-|, which are not fun or positive :-(9.

Greetings

Mogens
Webhamster
:soapbox:

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:23 pm

heatherlynnette wrote:This is a really stupid question, so I'm just going to apologize now. But do you have to take a laptop to these internet cafes? I really don't want to have to take mine.

Heather
I take my laptop to Sharkey's and sit outside using the wireless. It's kinda cool looking at the bay, with a drink, in my swimsuit, well, as cool as it gets if I have to work. I try to get the work in the mornings cause by afternoon, well lets just say I'll mess things up later in the day. :lol:

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:57 pm

mgallard wrote:
I'd recommend [rocks] you use those little cute images [scrunch] I've uploaded to give an indication of how you are feeling [sick] and have people notice you are just having a bit of fun 8V8 (convey emotions), otherwise things can be read a bit aggressive >:-(( and that, we've seen before, can lead to some long threads or back and forth attacks |:-|, which are not fun or positive :-(9.

Greetings

Mogens
Webhamster
:soapbox:
I agree but your missing my favorite Image

Condor :8-))

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:44 am

I'll try to use them with the "newer" folks, so as to help out with the conveying of the intent, but...generally speaking their use is against my religion. :wink:

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:58 am

After all this time Darryl, I have no problem recognizing your humor and I thank you for it. It does lighten things up. But, there are some dim :idea:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:00 pm

i too enjoy your wit and sarcastic witt... lots of british dry humor is what see it as... but your new "darth vadar" look can really set people off as well... LOL

:wink: :lol: 8)

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:29 pm

Yea whats up with the new picture, Are you the same guy that had thoses fast fingers :?: I'm so confused now :lol:

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Just knowing Winterpegman :twisted: from this board :) I personally think :-|3 the new picture suits him better :lol: then the Jim Carey one. :D