Leaving August 28th. What to expect?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Leaving August 28th. What to expect?

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:26 pm

I'm leaving on August 28th, and spending a week in Nuervo Vallarta.

Just wondering what type of weather to expect? Will I be able to enjoy the sun at all?

I'm sure I'll have a blast no matter what - and hey the price was certainly well worth it all right. I've only been to Cancun - never PV - I know they are way different from each other, and that's the reason I'm going to PV!!

Any thought would be appreciated!!

manfred from ottawa/ca

Re:Leaving August 28th. What to expect?

Post by manfred from ottawa/ca » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:17 am

HOT HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!to HOT for ME!!!!!LOL

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:44 am

LOL! The heat doesn't bother me - it's the rain that I'm worried about! I plan to spend most of my time in the pool, or in the Ocean.

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:00 am

Perfect! Then you will aldready be wet!

The rain is warm, usually happens late afternoon, early evening or late at night.

In Vallarta, we all live with the rain and actually enjoy it.... I think you will too:)

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:46 pm

Great!!! As long as it's not raining 24/7 I'm fine with that!! Sounds like fun - now I just have to wait over 1 month to go!!! It will be torture... lol!!

charfishie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by charfishie » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:35 am

We are arriving on the 29th of August, staying at the Crown Paradise. Second time for myself and husband,(honeymooned there, going back for 1st anniversary) Im bringing three girlfriends too. I keep showing them sites with tips. I agree the weather will be HUMID, but very blue skies during the day and awesome rain at night. Its refreshing though and cleans everything off.

We cant wait!

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:39 am

charfishie (Jul 20, 2004 10:35 p.m.):
We are arriving on the 29th of August, staying at the Crown Paradise. Second time for myself and husband,(honeymooned there, going back for 1st anniversary) Im bringing three girlfriends too. I keep showing them sites with tips. I agree the weather will be HUMID, but very blue skies during the day and awesome rain at night. Its refreshing though and cleans everything off.

We cant wait!
Sounds like a pretty interesting first anniversary trip for your husband -- accompanied by you and three other women! But I don't know whether I should feel envy or pity.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:40 am

We cant wait!
Sounds like a pretty interesting first anniversary trip for your husband -- accompanied by you and three other women! But I don't know whether I should feel envy or pity.

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:43 am

Sorry everyone, double posted again. I thought I had this figured out. I am going to click on post and leave the room to fill up my wine glass. If this gets double posted the computer is to blame.

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:32 pm

Sounds Perfect!! Blue skies by day, Rain by night. I don't mind that ONE BIT!!!

38 more days? I think.

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:33 pm

Sky1018_pv (Jul 20, 2004 08:46 a.m.):
Great!!! As long as it's not raining 24/7 I'm fine with that!! Sounds like fun - now I just have to wait over 1 month to go!!! It will be torture... lol!!
23 more days for me!! :) LOL Just had to gloat, sorry. As someone else said about the hot humid weather...hmmm, hot and humid in Iowa with two kids and a dog hollering for my attention...or hot and humid in PV with a margarita in hand????

I may need to think about that for a minute....

charfishie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by charfishie » Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:37 am

randyintucson (Jul 20, 2004 11:40 p.m.):

We cant wait!
I think envy would be good, or you can come too! The more the merrier. I think staying in the water and that Margarita sounds great, getting out of the states, no phones and no boss is awesome. Hope to meet some new friends and have a rockstar time!

Nat

Post by Nat » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:25 pm

Im leaving the 27th, and im praying the weather will be alright! I just want to lay on the beach and catch some rays with a beer in my hand!

susana

Post by susana » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:48 pm

Staying out in Nuevo may be more like Cancun than you think. Do be sure to take a trip into El Centro (downtown proper) and have a look around. It's a good 45 min. drive, taxi or bus ride, or maybe there's a hotel shuttle offered. But don't miss seeing the heart & soul of PV! Get to where you see the cathedral with the crown on the top, and The Malecon seawall/promonade, pretty much the center of town, then explore on foot from there.

cubfan

Post by cubfan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:36 pm

Charfishie, I am leaving from StL on the 28th and also staying at the CP. I am a 45 yo dwm. look forward to meeting ya'll.

charfishie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by charfishie » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:00 am

cubfan (Aug 04, 2004 07:36 p.m.):
Charfishie, I am leaving from StL on the 28th and also staying at the CP. I am a 45 yo dwm. look forward to meeting ya'll.
You are going to have a great time, we arrive at about 1:08 and with hope that the Time share people wont get ahold of us, we will be there by 2. We can see you at the bar on the beach if you would like, we will have lots of fun. We are opting for the two bedroom suite.
Has anyone stayed in pv at the cp and used their 2 bd room suite? Would love details.

25 days, went on a test run to Tijuana with the girls, to see how we all do, Watch out cause here we come. My poor husband.

cubfan

Post by cubfan » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:44 pm

charfishie (Aug 05, 2004 02:00 a.m.):
cubfan (Aug 04, 2004 07:36 p.m.):
You are going to have a great time, we arrive at about 1:08 and with hope that the Time share people wont get ahold of us, we will be there by 2. We can see you at the bar on the beach if you would like, we will have lots of fun. We are opting for the two bedroom suite.
Has anyone stayed in pv at the cp and used their 2 bd room suite? Would love details.

25 days, went on a test run to Tijuana with the girls, to see how we all do, Watch out cause here we come. My poor husband.
You should be able to easily recognize me, I'll be the one with the cocktail in his hand! lol

charfishie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by charfishie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:32 pm

O.k, we will look for you. Send us a pic at charfishie@adelphia.net and we can send one of us, so we can know.

Im having trouble getting in touch with Paula any one have any ideas?
11 days!