First time to PV and first time traveling alone.....

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

azlady
First time to PV and first time traveling alone.....

Post by azlady » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:20 am

I had a sudden opportunity to get out of town so I'm leaving in a few days to stay at Paradise Village. And....since it's last minute no one can go with me. I decided what the heck, if I wait for someone I might sit at home forever! I was concerned about the weather but in reading this message board it sounds as though the weather won't necessarily keep me inside all the time. Now I'm wondering what I shouldn't do or where I shouldn't go as a single lady. Does anyone know if there are ever any other singles around? Sure hoping to hear from someone....anyone before I leave.

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:First time to PV and first time traveling alone.....

Post by tgammon » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:00 pm

azlady (Aug 04, 2004 02:20 a.m.):
I had a sudden opportunity to get out of town so I'm leaving in a few days to stay at Paradise Village. And....since it's last minute no one can go with me. I decided what the heck, if I wait for someone I might sit at home forever! I was concerned about the weather but in reading this message board it sounds as though the weather won't necessarily keep me inside all the time. Now I'm wondering what I shouldn't do or where I shouldn't go as a single lady. Does anyone know if there are ever any other singles around? Sure hoping to hear from someone....anyone before I leave.
Since you'll be out at Paradise Village...you don't have anything to worry about...you can stay on the resort and have all you need, or go to the Paradise Mall and shop and eat there...however, I don't think you would have any trouble anywhere in town either...PV is a pretty safe place...I wouldn't feel threatened anywhere...I have several friends that go by themselves quite often...too bad it is such short notice! But don't worry...you'll have a great time! If there is a next time...get in touch...

azlady

Post by azlady » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:44 pm

Thanks for the reassuring note! My travel agent picked out PV with my situation in mind so I'm glad that you seem to agree with her. If all goes well, I'll probably return next April with my daughte so I'll be posting a message in March.....hope to hear from you again! Thanks again !

Jeana

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:42 pm

Hi Jeana. I am guessing you are from Arizona. I am sure you will enjoy your trip to Paradise Village, but you are going to find it a lot more humid than you are accustomed to. If you go back with your daughter, see if you can go down from November thru March. That's what we like to do to get out of our Tucson winters!

cubfan

Post by cubfan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:31 pm

AZLADY, I traveled to PV last Aug. by myself and had a great time, I am returning 08-28 staying at the Crown Paradise. You will not believe how nice you will be treated. By the way I am a 45yo male from IL. If you are gonna be there while I'm there let me know and maybe we can share a cocktail.

azlady

Post by azlady » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:56 am

Thanks to you nice people who wrote! Randyin tucson...I'm sure you're right about the humidity and I gave it a lot of thought. Arizona ia really hot...but it's dry and there's a big difference. However, I survived Cancun in the summer so I think I'll do ok in PV

Cubfan...thanks to you for writing but unfortunately I won't be there the 28th. Have a great trip .......and if you get a chance, let me know how you trip went!

Jeana

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:24 pm

I was going to tell you not to hook up with him because of his name - Cubfan - I'm from Chicago also.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

LOL!! You know I'm just teasing Cubfan.

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:36 pm

Sky1018_pv (Aug 05, 2004 09:24 a.m.):
I was going to tell you not to hook up with him because of his name - Cubfan - I'm from Chicago also.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

LOL!! You know I'm just teasing Cubfan.
They a better go if they are going to do anything this year! 6 games back now!
TAG...alias Twins fan!

sky_in_pv_1976
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sky_in_pv_1976 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:51 pm

I know!! I know!!

susana

Post by susana » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:37 am

15 trips later, probably half of them solo (female) I have never had ANY problems in PV. I stay in the Old Town so that might be different than a resort, but walk around any time of the day and have always felt extremely safe. Enjoy!