1st timee 8/16-8/21

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ag125
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
1st timee 8/16-8/21

Post by ag125 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:57 pm

my friend and i planned a trip for aug. 16 and we are very excited. however, everyone we talk to tells us to be careful and not to leave the hotel. obviously we will be leaving to have a good time, but is it really that dangerous in puerto vallarta? we are two 20 year old girls just looking to go down there and have a good time. we are very responsible and i think we can take care of ourselves, but apparently other people think it is too much for us. i would really like to hear some opinions about us going if anyone has any!

aslo, if anyone can tell me what the weather is like and what fun things there are to do down there that would be great!

we are staying at the canto del sol if anyone knows anything about it, good or bad!

thank youu!

-ashley

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi Ashley,
You will be fine in PV. Just be aware of your surroundings and remember that you are in a different country and you need to be curtious of their culture. If you are planning on going out and getting wasted....it does not matter where you are in the world, their are some creeps out there. Just be safe and remember to never leave your "wing man." In August you can probably bet that it will be super hot. Check PuertoVallarta.net for more information. Never stayed at your resort, but you can bet that others will reply to your post soon.
Have fun and be safe.
Jane

larnbren
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by larnbren » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi We stayed at Canto Del Sol 6/18-23 and it was a great hotel! You will have a lot of fun. There were many people there your age when we were there and always something fun going on at the pool. The food was good, drinks were plentiful, rooms were nice. It was very hot when we were there in June, so I imagine it will be the same in August. We felt very safe in PV. But use good judgement. Have a great trip!!! If you have any other questions you can send me a private message and I would be glad to answer them. Also check out the trip reports on this board, there are several on Canto Del Sol.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:13 pm

As someone who travelled solo to PV throughout her twenties I can assure you that it is quite safe. So, please leave your hotel and see what the city has to offer.
As Redd said, just stick together and you will be fine. Take the same precautions as you would at home. If you wouldn't walk down that dark and deserted street at home don't do it in PV. At the clubs don't leave your drinks unattended. If you do, order new ones as you just never know.
The weather will be hot and humid and most likely you will have some rain in the late afternoons to cool things off.
Sorry, don't know anything about your hotel.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:12 pm

like they have all stated before me, if you wouldn't go down a dark alley at home, don't do it here. And like Redd says, never leave your wing man and head off alone etc. that is just a disaster looking to happen... you will do just fine down there... hey if Redd can survive one week running with the big dogs, you should be able to handle it that is for sure... just becarefull on the "grossly overserved" times, they will knock you down a peg or two... right Redd....

:wink:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:38 pm

I find the ignorance of the people you have been talking to appalling and upsetting. Puerto Vallarta is safer than most American and Canadian cities of comparable size. If you stayed on your hotel grounds you would be missing a whole lot of interesting people and places.

PV cheesehead42
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by PV cheesehead42 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:00 am

The people who told you not to leave your hotel were ill informed. I strongly encourage you to get out and see the city. Leave the buffets of the hotel and eat some authentic Mexican cusine, shop, and soak in the magnificent culture.
The weather is probably going to be hot and humid. You may have a few rain showers but they usually do not last long and the rain is actually very refreshing.
I have been to PV several times and have never been worried about my safety. Use comon sense as you would anywhere. You will have a great time. Enjoy your trip.

ag125
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ag125 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:23 pm

thank you everyone so much for your advice! it helps! if anyone has anything else that would help me please let me know!

Thanks again!!

-Ashley

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:21 pm

ag125 wrote:thank you everyone so much for your advice! it helps! if anyone has anything else that would help me please let me know!

Thanks again!!

-Ashley
Go and have a fun filled vacation. and then bring back a trip report that will knock our socks off, how does that sound. Cheers....

:wink: :lol: 8)

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:52 pm

tojol57 wrote:like they have all stated before me, if you wouldn't go down a dark alley at home, don't do it here. And like Redd says, never leave your wing man and head off alone etc. that is just a disaster looking to happen... you will do just fine down there... hey if Redd can survive one week running with the big dogs, you should be able to handle it that is for sure... just becarefull on the "grossly overserved" times, they will knock you down a peg or two... right Redd....

:wink:
AMEN TOM! I am still feeling the effects of the "one night in PV." :wink:
Have a great day!
Jane

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sandib » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:47 am

Ashley,
Have a great vacation. Just as a previously mentioned, be aware of your surroundings. You will have the time of your life~unless of course you don't leave your hotel :lol: I have never felt safer anywhere than I do in PV. I live in a very small town (approx 500 people). I feel safe here, but not quite as safe as I do in Pv. Maybe it's the sun and ocean, etc. that lulls you into feeling safe, personally I think it's the people. They are very friendly and helpful. Have fun!!!!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canto del Sol Hotel, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Post by webmaster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:06 pm

Topics from the forum search on Canto del Sol Hotel:

viewtopic.php?t=9181
viewtopic.php?t=7943
viewtopic.php?t=7866
viewtopic.php?t=7619
viewtopic.php?t=7537
viewtopic.php?t=4425

I've stayed at Canto del Sol in Puerto Vallarta, went there with a large part of my wife's family from Venezuela, they all had a great time, found the place very good and the food excellent. You won't go wrong with Canto del Sol. Just go out and enjoy the town too, skip a few lunches and dinners and go to some of the great restaurants people on this board recommend:
Poll 1: viewtopic.php?t=7490
Poll 2: viewtopic.php?t=7179

Etc., etc.

Greetings

Mogens