What's the weather like?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
What's the weather like?

Post by leighg » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:06 pm

We've had a foot of snow on the ground for almost two weeks now with temps below freezing, it's 4 deg. F right now. Someone please tell me how beautiful it is there right now? Step out on your patio and take a deep breath of fresh ocean air just for me, please?

Mogens, I was glad to see the web cam pointed back at the beach again. I enjoy the views of the city, but NEEDED a shot of the beach today!!!

WHY did we take our trip in August instead of Jan.??? DUH

Leigh

bzy1inpv

Re:What's the weather like?

Post by bzy1inpv » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:28 am

The days and nights here are beautiful. Eternal (almost) sunshine and smooth tropical air! Nights are cool enough for perfect sleeping weather, and the days are perfect for the beach. Just enough humidity to feel tropical, and just hot enough to feel your tan deepening.

No shovel needed except for sand castles, no sand needed for the roads, just for the beach.

Put away your parka for a week and come down and thaw out.

If you cannot make it down , pull out your beach towels and spread out on the living room floor. Make a batch of margaritas, turn up the heat, throw on some sunglasses and Mexican music on the stereo (Try some Alejandro Saenz) and pretend you are in Vallarta.

Repeat once a week until summer!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:23 pm

29 days to go and we will be there for 10 days... to get out of the Iowa artic blast.... we have had below zero temps for almost a week now... snow, ice, sleet, then more ice and more snow... and now southerly winds of 30 MPH it is really depressing that is for sure... feb 17th can't get here soon enough... LeighG... come back down.... we are flying out of Des Moines again this year... pack a back and hitch a ride along.....

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:03 am

wow that weather sounds so nice!!! only 31 more days for us!!!!!! 31 days of torrential rain here on Vancouver island!!! then we can go and warm our frosty bones on the beaches of PV!!!!!i cant wait to drink frosty beers and work on my tan!!!! then drink frosty margs and work on my tan!!! then eat shrimpys and work on my tan!!! hey mrs and mrs Crown see you then!!!!

cervasa_sister
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cervasa_sister » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:51 am

ndnqueen/witchypoo and my Crow (Jan 19, 2005 01:03 a.m.):
wow that weather sounds so nice!!! only 31 more days for us!!!!!! 31 days of torrential rain here on Vancouver island!!! then we can go and warm our frosty bones on the beaches of PV!!!!!i cant wait to drink frosty beers and work on my tan!!!! then drink frosty margs and work on my tan!!! then eat shrimpys and work on my tan!!! hey mrs and mrs Crown see you then!!!!
WOW - my first time on a bulletin board! I saw from your note that you're headed to PV next month. What dates? My sister (from Vancouver Island) and I (from freezing Edmonton) will be "chillin" on the beach Feb 19-26. It'll be cool to meet a co-canuck, eh?

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:48 pm

hey!!!!! *waving* i used to live in fort mcmurray so i know how freezing cold it is!!!! lol!!!! it would be great to hook up and have a few cervacas!!!! we are also going for the week of feb 19-26 where are you guys staying? we're at the villas vallarta by canto del sol, we booked through signature vacations and are flying wetsjet out of vancouver at 1 in the afternoon! maybe we'll be on the same flight!!! looking forward to fun in the sun!!!! hope to see you guys there!!!! hee hee im posting the addy for my website look in the album marked queen and crow also feel free to look at the others lolol...... i just made it so im very proud!!!

http://www.queenandcrow.photosite.com/

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 pm

ndnqueen/witchypoo and my Crow (Jan 20, 2005 01:48 p.m.):
hey!!!!! *waving* i used to live in fort mcmurray so i know how freezing cold it is!!!! lol!!!! it would be great to hook up and have a few cervacas!!!! we are also going for the week of feb 19-26 where are you guys staying? we're at the villas vallarta by canto del sol, we booked through signature vacations and are flying wetsjet out of vancouver at 1 in the afternoon! maybe we'll be on the same flight!!! looking forward to fun in the sun!!!! hope to see you guys there!!!! hee hee im posting the addy for my website look in the album marked queen and crow also feel free to look at the others lolol...... i just made it so im very proud!!!

http://www.queenandcrow.photosite.com/
signed your guest book there queen... great website... can't wait to meet you guys down there... see you in 4 weeks...

captain cozumel

Post by captain cozumel » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:15 pm

hola hey bzy1 thats my technique, ive done exactly that in fact ive often wondered how long it would take to clean up about 4 bags of sand from my livingroom carpet as i live in the frozen tundra of montana usa,oh well ill be checking in at the aeropuerto in 24 hrs and arrive in pv 6pm 1-22 so i can refresh my memory of pv and those tropical breezes, cya capt

leighg
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by leighg » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:25 pm

bzy1inpv (Jan 18, 2005 04:28 a.m.):

If you cannot make it down , pull out your beach towels and spread out on the living room floor. Make a batch of margaritas, turn up the heat, throw on some sunglasses and Mexican music on the stereo (Try some Alejandro Saenz) and pretend you are in Vallarta.

Repeat once a week until summer!
This idea I LOVE!! My kids would be totally into it too!! LOL Sounds good....especially with MORE ice and snow coming today. No thawing in site. Wish I COULD hitch a ride down. :(
Leigh

cervasa_sister
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cervasa_sister » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:18 pm

We're leaving from Edmonton (waaay better times....we'll be on the beach when you arrive! lol.....) We get in to PV Saturday the 19th at 1:00 pm. We're staying at the Costa Club Punta Arena. Never been to PV - this is a cheap escape for my sister and I. Your photos look like LOTS of fun! Perhaps I'll e-mail you before we leave (I'm kinda dumb regarding bulletin boards, etc - e-mail I can handle!) It would be a blast to run into you!

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ndnqueen » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:10 pm

feel free to email at ndnqueen69@hotmail.com and we can make plans for some beer drinking! we wont be into pv until about 8 or 9 sat night.... we were thinking of going out for dinner then heading out to the club.... we heard hilo is the place to go!!! have fun lol and dont drink all the cervasas before we get there....

Tron

Post by Tron » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:30 am

F...beeeep p...beeeeeep ... it's -40 Celcius here

Anni

Post by Anni » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:41 am

Language, language !!!!! It's raining here. Hey us residents have to have a little rain once in a while even in a paradise like pv.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:49 pm

Feb 3rd was in the upper 40's - low 50's.. Friday Feb 4th was in the 60's, and today in the 50's again... but then LOOK OUT it is Iowa you know... starting sunday we are to get rain... yes rain... close to an inch or more, then turn into snow sunday night into monday, then come tuesday more snow... and COLD... we only have 12 more days and we will be in our home in Puerto Vallarta... we can't wait to get out of here... i told a friend of mine that on thursday Feb 17th, at apporximately 10 am i severe cold spell with snow will hit iowa for 8 days straight... as i will be in the air for 2.5 hrs on my way to Phoenix to Puerto Vallarta... and it only lasts 8 days so that they have two days to dig out before we get home... LOL needless to say i was called everything under the sun... oh well...

TTFN

tracy

Post by tracy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:30 pm

We leave in 36 days - we are staying at Canto Del Sol - I can't wait to get there. We leave from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at 6:20pm - should be there by 11...is that too late to explore PV or should we wait til morning?