tours

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mtn.ladygeeper
tours

Post by mtn.ladygeeper » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:08 am

First time to PV on anniversary. We add tours to our package and yet i wonder if they're safe. Does anyone know about the Rhythems of the night or canopy adventure linked with thePlaya Los Arcos? Also any info about the resort would be nice. Thanks

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:tours

Post by matt » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:40 am

Hi,
The "Rhythms of the Night" and "Canopy Tour" are not operated by Playa Los Arcos Hotel, but instead by an experienced tour company in Puerto Vallarta. You can find out more about these tours and make reservations here on the bulletin board:
[html]http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/[/html]

Note: "Rhythms of the Night" is listed in the "Tours by SEA" section, while the "Canopy Tour" is in the "Tours by LAND" section.

My wife and I went on the Rhythms of the Night Tour and really enjoyed it. I haven't been on the jungle Canopy Tour as I could never get my wife to agree to climb through the trees on ropes :) A little mosquito repellant might be nice to have if you are going on a tour through the jungle.

On the Rhythms of the Night tour, I would recommend that you bring a light sweater, or jacket. Cool breezes on the bay during the evening return boat trip could be uncomfortable for some.

Have a great trip!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:45 pm

Rhythm of the Nights tour is very nice and romantic... a nice buffet dinner on the beach lit by tiki torches and if you have a great moon that night it really sets it off... and the boat ride to and from are just a blast too... yes make sure you do carry a light sweater or jacket with you... it does get a little chilly on the venture out and back... our friends have been on the Canopy tours and absolutely loved it... he is a big out doorsy type person and said the zip lines were fun... and his wife a petite lovely lady had fun too...

have a great time... can't wait to see your vacation updates when you get back as well...

rcracing

Post by rcracing » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:48 am

WE HAVE STAYED AT PLAYA LOS ARCOS TWICE AND LOVED IT. GREAT LOCATION, GREAT STAFF, AND RIGHT NEXT TO THE PIER FOR CATCHING TOUR BOATS. PLUS, DON'T MISS ANDALE'S ACROSS THE STREET, BBQ SHRIMP TO DIE FOR AND OF COURSE THE "ALICE" SONG. WE ALSO DID THE CANOPY TOUR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS AGO. IT IS QUITE EXCITING AND YOU FEEL TOTALLY SAFE. THE STAFF MAKES IT FUN AND NEVER TAKES CHANCES. WE WENT WITH MY PARENTS WHOM WERE 58 AT THE TIME AND THEY ALSO LOVED IT. THE HARNESSES DO MAKE THE MEN LOOK QUITE FLATTERING THOUGH....YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN :-)

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ginger » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:00 pm

Are either of these tours okay for children? I am intrigued by the "Rythym" tour, but I have a 13 and an 8 year old (girls). Don't want to ruin anyone elses vacation, so would the kids be welcome on the tour? Do you think kids would enjoy it?? Heading to PV in 11 more sleeps and can't wait!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:36 pm

Sunybuni (Sep 13, 2005 10:00 a.m.):
Are either of these tours okay for children? I am intrigued by the "Rythym" tour, but I have a 13 and an 8 year old (girls). Don't want to ruin anyone elses vacation, so would the kids be welcome on the tour? Do you think kids would enjoy it?? Heading to PV in 11 more sleeps and can't wait!
They should enjoy it... the food is good, the boat ride to and from is fun and entertaining, and the show is cultural... it is buffet style dining and that should be an issue... I think it would be a pleasant family event as well... granted it is sometimes advertised for the romantics etc... but it is nice for you and old... I sometimes think this evening adventure is better for the family than the Marigallante (The Pirate Ship) people are more behaved on the Rythm excursion versus the party atmosphere of the Pirate Ship... but to each their own.. JMO... wishing you a happy holiday SunnyBuni... wishing it was us that only had 11 more sleeps... oh well i guess we will have to live with 150 more sleeps...

love hugs and kisses from Iowa...

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ginger » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:29 pm

You two are a wonderful Blessing to find for advise on PV. So glad that I became a member of this board. I will definitely look forward to the rythyms tour, with the kids. Wish you only had 11 sleeps as well, as I would sure like to meet you both. As it is, we will have to make do with just clincking a few glasses together in your honor! Thanks so much for monitoring this site and answering so quickly. And w'' remember to take light sweatshirts for the trip back across the bay.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:03 pm

You can also experience Las Caletas (where the Rythms tour goes) during the day on a very family-friendly tour.

Just look up "Las Caletas by Day".

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:20 pm

Sunybuni (Sep 14, 2005 10:29 a.m.):
You two are a wonderful Blessing to find for advise on PV. So glad that I became a member of this board. I will definitely look forward to the rythyms tour, with the kids. Wish you only had 11 sleeps as well, as I would sure like to meet you both. As it is, we will have to make do with just clincking a few glasses together in your honor! Thanks so much for monitoring this site and answering so quickly. And w'' remember to take light sweatshirts for the trip back across the bay.
Jennybean is right too!! Las Caletas is wonderful during the day as well... a wonderful little beach area, hammocks to hang around in, walk into the bay area and snorkle to your hearts content, great area for picture taking with parrots, vegetation, etc... so don't forget that idea too... would be wonderful for the girls to go out there for the day as well....

and you are welcome... we love Vallarta with all of our heart and soul... she has touched us in a way that not too many places have... and the different people we have met from the BB and from around the world in Vallarta have grown into long lasting friendships and relationships... it is just fantastic to be blessed like this as well...

again, enjoy your holiday... love hugs and kisses from iowa... maybe someday you will comedown and stay at our sister resort Crown Paradise Club so that you can bring the girls, or if you and hubby want an adult get away come down in February and stay in our house at the Golden Crown Paradise and join the rest of Vallarta Lovers...

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ginger » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:59 pm

Jennybean (Sep 14, 2005 12:03 p.m.):
You can also experience Las Caletas (where the Rythms tour goes) during the day on a very family-friendly tour.

Just look up "Las Caletas by Day".
Thanks Jennybean. You have also been a real blessing since we decided to go PV!. After reading these boards, I am really getting excited. Hope to have a good report when we return. Thanks again.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:13 pm

Don't forget you can reserve most tours here on the site, with competitive or even better prices than what you'll find on other sites and in town. Check prices out at: http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/index.php

Greetings

Mogens