Conchas Chinas

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kernancasey
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Conchas Chinas

Post by kernancasey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:07 am

Where is Conchas Chinas, The beach looks awesome here..i hear its good for snorkeling. is it in Puerto Vallarta???? Iv never been to Puerto Vallarta but will be visiting soon...trying to figure out what to do (so much to see and do).

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:02 am

Not in P.V. but south of town. I think you are about 20 - 30 minutes south, but not certain on that. Just now that it is south of Los Arcos.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:03 pm

Conchas Chinas is an area of PV itself, north of Dreams resort.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:12 pm

As rossk says, Conchas Chinas is a "colonia" or neighbourhood of P.V., south of the downtown area. Some people call it the Beverly Hills of P.V.

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:50 am

titustitans wrote:Not in P.V. but south of town. I think you are about 20 - 30 minutes south, but not certain on that. Just know that it is south of Los Arcos.
I should have pointed out that this is from the Airport. You will still have a pretty good walk to get to the heart of P.V., but the location is very nice.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:45 pm

ellen wrote:. Some people call it the Beverly Hills of P.V.
It's one of the considerations that led us to reserve a condo there for our next visit in October. We've always been intrigued about the area on our drives thru on the main highway.

I don't believe the walk to old town is all that far, but you would want to do it along the beach. The road is narrow and without good pathways, I wouldn't recommend trying to follow it to town on foot.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:10 pm

rossk wrote:
ellen wrote:. Some people call it the Beverly Hills of P.V.
It's one of the considerations that led us to reserve a condo there for our next visit in October. We've always been intrigued about the area on our drives thru on the main highway.

I don't believe the walk to old town is all that far, but you would want to do it along the beach. The road is narrow and without good pathways, I wouldn't recommend trying to follow it to town on foot.
Ross, have you ever taken the twice-weekly house tour when in town? It always has houses in Conchas Chinas on it and gives you a really good over view of the area.

rossk
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rossk » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:26 pm

No, I haven't, it seems like our usual 7 nights goes by so fast we don't get around to many of the things we'd like to, be I'm aware of them. We're staying in an ordinary 2 bedroom place, but I know of the many rather palatial properties there, and it would be interesting to see how the other half lives.